Its died !!

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Well 9 weeks in and my stance e died today’ 14 miles from home with alot of big climbs!! Knackered by time i got back..... hasnt been rode in rain and i wash it very gentle , bike cut out repeatedly today and then died all together showing either 1/2 red flashing lights ( battery or motor)... wouldnt power back up!! Phoned my giant dealer reckons never heard of that before so will see what they say when i drop the shite off

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
had same issue on mine.. the lock need to re adjust.. done that and good to go till date..
Yeah id read your initial post m8’ and replied then about battery adjustment.. but mines been fine for 9 weeks albeit the battery seems to rattle now...

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia
Yeah id read your initial post m8’ and replied then about battery adjustment.. but mines been fine for 9 weeks albeit the battery seems to rattle now...
try that.. maybe manufacture assembling issues..
as the lock adjustment is tighten by just screws without locktite.. maybe after a long run it will loosen up.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I love the dealer response never heard of that before sir , you just feel like saying something sarcastic very sarcastic and rude infact .

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
I love the dealer response never heard of that before sir , you just feel like saying something sarcastic very sarcastic and rude infact .
Aye after an hilly 14 mile ride home and ive had 4 knee ops you can imagine my reply

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia
Dan did yours cut out constantly and then display a red light fault?
at first no red light fault.. just on and off.. then it got worse like constantly on off.. lastly red light.. it wont turn on again unless i remove the battery and put it back again.. then can last for few km before it off again.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
at first no red light fault.. just on and off.. then it got worse like constantly on off.. lastly red light.. it wont turn on again unless i remove the battery and put it back again.. then can last for few km before it off again.
Yep exactly like mine.... ive washed bike , removed battery and its turned on ok as you say

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Had a similar issue today, had a 12km ride then went to go again and no lights on the control at all, would not turn on. Put the key in, removed the battery, put it back in and that seemed to fix it. Went for anothert 11kms and all good.
Looks like I will need to adjust the lock as well.

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
Had a similar issue today, had a 12km ride then went to go again and no lights on the control at all, would not turn on. Put the key in, removed the battery, put it back in and that seemed to fix it. Went for anothert 11kms and all good.

I'm not convinced it is the battery lock. I went for my 4th ride on Saturday on the new bike and it turned off 3 times in 23klms. I removed the battery and after the last one and was on my way back by then, so wasn't overly annoyed.

Have some mates with E Pro 1's and they have been making sure to charge the battery out of the bike. They have found that they drained the battery and then fully charged off the bike and have not had the issue re-acure as yet and continue to charge off the bike.

I made sure to remove my battery when i charged it and it did the exact same thing as the previous bike. I will run the battery down to nothing, then fully charge out of bike and see how this goes.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I'm not convinced it is the battery lock. I went for my 4th ride on Saturday on the new bike and it turned off 3 times in 23klms. I removed the battery and after the last one and was on my way back by then, so wasn't overly annoyed.

Have some mates with E Pro 1's and they have been making sure to charge the battery out of the bike. They have found that they drained the battery and then fully charged off the bike and have not had the issue re-acure as yet and continue to charge off the bike.

I made sure to remove my battery when i charged it and it did the exact same thing as the previous bike. I will run the battery down to nothing, then fully charge out of bike and see how this goes.

Will check this out, I always remove the battery to charge it but I haven't fully run the battery down to nothing, usually down to 5 - 8%. So I'll do that next time and see if anything changes.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
This brings up the question of what is needed in the trail kit. What tools should you carry? I never carry my battery key, maybe I should.

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand
This brings up the question of what is needed in the trail kit. What tools should you carry? I never carry my battery key, maybe I should.
i keep one key with my multi tool, also always have my car keys in the backpack with the other key on it. I generally remove the battery from the bike to charge, only because i dont have power in the shed, which is surprising seeing as i am an electrician

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
It will start to get worse and switch off more regularly! Mine goes in today so will see what happens

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
So i just ran my battery down to nothing. It had 2 lights worth when i started, just riding around the block talking to a mate on the phone whilst i was doing it. Put it up into power mode 5 and peddled. Battery power drained down to 1 then red then flashing red then turned itself off. So now my battery is fully depleted. Will pull the battery out and put it on charge tonight and head out for a ride early in the morning and see what happens. The red light stays on, but wont turn on power to the motor.

Will ring my LBS tomorrow and let them know about the issue with the new bike, which we did discuss prior to getting it, seeing it has the same motor/battery, chances are good we'll have the issues.

20190128_185914.jpg

20190128_185939.jpg

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Well diagnostics came up clear’ battery was adjusted to fit tighter, bike serviced and rear hub stripped and greased/adjusted.... brought bike home in car and refitted battery and its somehow gone really loose!! Removed it and refitted and now snug!!! Its a weird one ive put a vid on to show you all... the big test is another epic ride

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
Well diagnostics came up clear’ battery was adjusted to fit tighter, bike serviced and rear hub stripped and greased/adjusted.... brought bike home in car and refitted battery and its somehow gone really loose!! Removed it and refitted and now snug!!! Its a weird one ive put a vid on to show you all... the big test is another epic ride
Likely a dumb question, I can't find the vid; can you link to it?

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
Well, after 7 - 8 rides and about 200km, my E +2 shut off on me 6 or 7 times today. This is the first time this has happened. My battery is not at all loose. If anything, it may fit a little too tightly. Actually, I haven't even removed the battery to charge after the first couple of rides. It was already difficult to remove so I figured I would just charge it on the bike. It shut off a few minutes in to my ride and I just turned it back on. This happened several more times and then seemed to stay on after that. Then again, I ended my ride after this happened so only rode for a another mile or so. In my case, it wasn't necessary to remove the battery before turning on as some others have had happen. So, this on top of my noisy, popping, creaky, hub that I have had from day one has me kind of turned me off of this bike right now. Back to LBS tomorrow.

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand
M
So i just ran my battery down to nothing. It had 2 lights worth when i started, just riding around the block talking to a mate on the phone whilst i was doing it. Put it up into power mode 5 and peddled. Battery power drained down to 1 then red then flashing red then turned itself off. So now my battery is fully depleted. Will pull the battery out and put it on charge tonight and head out for a ride early in the morning and see what happens. The red light stays on, but wont turn on power to the motor.

Will ring my LBS tomorrow and let them know about the issue with the new bike, which we did discuss prior to getting it, seeing it has the same motor/battery, chances are good we'll have the issues.

View attachment 10176

View attachment 10175
Man Poppy, you ain't having much luck with your bike. I wonder if it's something to do with the controller again? Read a few things about damp getting in to the cable connectors, a bit of electrical contact cleaner on the connectors might help

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland
M

Man Poppy, you ain't having much luck with your bike. I wonder if it's something to do with the controller again? Read a few things about damp getting in to the cable connectors, a bit of electrical contact cleaner on the connectors might help

Yeah my luck sucks of late on the MTB. Went for a ride early this morning and arsed off a little bridge and fell about 2.0mtrs to the bottom of the gully. Put about a 100mm cut in my forearm under my elbow.

The good news is i rode 16klms without it turning off and the Fox suspension takes big wacks well?

poppy

Jun 26, 2018
Gold Coast Queensland

My EPRO 1 always came up good on the diagnostics and so have the others that have had switching off issues including the shop owners personal bike.

We changed switches/control etc with no changes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles