it took a long time, but finally made the decision and did not opt for the Levo but for the Trance.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
12BF95D0-5EB1-4EBF-B6E0-09CE59C4B592.jpeg

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
Nice bike Pieter. Best bang for buck. Bit heavier than the Levo and slightly noisier, but an awesome bike. I've got the same model. Just fitted carbon bars with a slightly higher raise to lift the head slightly. I've been riding mine since December last year and we're doing some gnarly trails that would scare me at my age on any other bike. It takes it all in it's stride and I am very happy with my battery range. I consistently get more range out of my bike than the other guys except for the guys on the Levos, but they are all 20 or more kilos lighter than me, so there's your extra range right there. I know that the Levo is definitely not that much more effective than the Giant, because my brother had one and it was about the same as the Giant.

What makes the Giant a better proposition is the beafier forks and stronger brakes as standard as well as the group-set. All in all the value is very good. We are of course a bit limited in what we can buy in South Africa as opposed to what is available in the UK and Europe and it is not always feasible to import as it adds a tremendous lot to the cost.

The Giant has a couple of small issues, but they are really good with their after-sales service and support and my issues have all been sorted out promptly and efficiently. In every case they were happy to assist while I wait as I live in a small coastal town quite far from the nearest dealer.

The bike climbs like a goat, handles downhill very well and if you take it by the scruff of the neck handles quite nimble as well, but it is not quite what you'd call playful. All in all though it's a wonderful all-rounder and I love my bike,You will not be sorry about your purchase.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
Nice bike Pieter. Best bang for buck. Bit heavier than the Levo and slightly noisier, but an awesome bike. I've got the same model. Just fitted carbon bars with a slightly higher raise to lift the head slightly. I've been riding mine since December last year and we're doing some gnarly trails that would scare me at my age on any other bike. It takes it all in it's stride and I am very happy with my battery range. I consistently get more range out of my bike than the other guys except for the guys on the Levos, but they are all 20 or more kilos lighter than me, so there's your extra range right there. I know that the Levo is definitely not that much more effective than the Giant, because my brother had one and it was about the same as the Giant.

What makes the Giant a better proposition is the beafier forks and stronger brakes as standard as well as the group-set. All in all the value is very good. We are of course a bit limited in what we can buy in South Africa as opposed to what is available in the UK and Europe and it is not always feasible to import as it adds a tremendous lot to the cost.

The Giant has a couple of small issues, but they are really good with their after-sales service and support and my issues have all been sorted out promptly and efficiently. In every case they were happy to assist while I wait as I live in a small coastal town quite far from the nearest dealer.

The bike climbs like a goat, handles downhill very well and if you take it by the scruff of the neck handles quite nimble as well, but it is not quite what you'd call playful. All in all though it's a wonderful all-rounder and I love my bike,You will not be sorry about your purchase.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
after 400 km on the Tance I have to say that I like the bike. Indeed, the bike is less playful, but a good downhill and climber. A good all-rounder for me. So far no regrets for this choice?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles