It’s on it’s way! Newbie in Kent, UK.

BigAl28

Jan 13, 2020
Southeast
Hi all, I’m blaming Rob ?
I don’t know him personally, just found him whilst I was wasting time on YouTube. His ramblings had some sort of hypnotic effect and then I suddenly decided I needed an EMTB to go with multiple road bikes and analogue MTBs.
With Tredz punting out some deals, I ended up ordering a 2019 MERIDA e one-sixty 900, which is due to arrive this week as it suits both me and budget. The missus doesn’t know yet, so I’m in a pile of doggy doo when that box arrives. It can only get worse once some of the upgrades start hitting the front door - wheels, mode shifter, dropper remote, tyres etc etc etc. Anyway, if I manage to live beyond bike delivery day I look forward to seeing some of you out on the trails.
Alex

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Let me know how it goes, I too have a bike on the way and need to break it to my wife before Thursday. I plan to just let her know tonight, like ripping off a bandage, the quicker the better.

BigAl28

Jan 13, 2020
Southeast
Let me know how it goes, I too have a bike on the way and need to break it to my wife before Thursday. I plan to just let her know tonight, like ripping off a bandage, the quicker the better.
Good luck. If we don’t hear from you again, we can assume the worst! I’m gonna try the “Don’t be silly dear , its always been that colour and had a motor “ Guess my fate is also sealed ?

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Good luck. If we don’t hear from you again, we can assume the worst! I’m gonna try the “Don’t be silly dear , its always been that colour and had a motor “ Guess my fate is also sealed ?
I'm keeping my old bike too, so "she can ride it if she wants" while I ride my non ebike. I doubt that will soften the blow much.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Ha ha... same boat here! I ordered an EMTB from my local Evans on Saturday, and haven’t told my wife either. They said 7-10 days to get it in stock and ready.
I’m just hoping she won’t even notice, and I’ll be getting all the other parcels (invisiframe, pedals, grips etc) that come delivered to work ??

If she does notice it, I’ll just be telling a little white lie about the price ?

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Ha ha... same boat here! I ordered an EMTB from my local Evans on Saturday, and haven’t told my wife either. They said 7-10 days to get it in stock and ready.
I’m just hoping she won’t even notice, and I’ll be getting all the other parcels (invisiframe, pedals, grips etc) that come delivered to work ??

If she does notice it, I’ll just be telling a little white lie about the price ?
My wife knew the price already, just thought we were a few months away. Surprise, it's day after tomorrow.

Last edited:

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Had the convo tonight, couldn't have gone better! Asked how much I spent, I was honest, and she said, oh I thought it would be more.

BigAl28

Jan 13, 2020
Southeast
Had the convo tonight, couldn't have gone better! Asked how much I spent, I was honest, and she said, oh I thought it would be more.
I take it you are now not living in the shed/dog house/garage and you’ve checked that all your man parts are intact ?
Well done, until I get notified of when the bike gets dispatched, I’m saying nothing - you can call me a ?

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
I take it you are now not living in the shed/dog house/garage and you’ve checked that all your man parts are intact ?
Well done, until I get notified of when the bike gets dispatched, I’m saying nothing - you can call me a ?
I put it off until the day before delivery. I'm a little nervous at how well it went, but I am supporting her dropping $6k on window treatments in the new house and maybe a pool, so maybe that bought me some leeway. Plus, the new house has to count for something in my favor. ?

BigAl28

Jan 13, 2020
Southeast
I put it off until the day before delivery. I'm a little nervous at how well it went, but I am supporting her dropping $6k on window treatments in the new house and maybe a pool, so maybe that bought me some leeway. Plus, the new house has to count for something in my favor. ?
Far too expensive

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I just had the call saying mine is here. It won’t be ready to collect until Monday though.
Looks like I have a few days to decide how to tell her!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles