It’s Done! 2020 Levo ordered

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Welcome Robbie. Cant go wrong w/the Levo. So many of the guys run that model

Great to have you on the boards w/us. How about posting up a pic?

Cheers, Joe :coffee:

USAmtb

Nov 4, 2019
Utah
Components on specialized are not the best bang per buck compared to like YT or commencal but the r and d that go into specialized frames and motors is the best IMHO.
I think you made a great choice for an ebike. I ride a 2018 levo expert and This thing is nice! I swapped out the onlins fork for a fox 36 and swapped the rear shock for a mazzochi bomber coil and I’m loving this setup now.

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Components on specialized are not the best bang per buck compared to like YT or commencal but the r and d that go into specialized frames and motors is the best IMHO.
I think you made a great choice for an ebike. I ride a 2018 levo expert and This thing is nice! I swapped out the onlins fork for a fox 36 and swapped the rear shock for a mazzochi bomber coil and I’m loving this setup now.
I was really torn with the YT and personally think the Decoy is the best looking bike but due to local support went with the Levo a mate has just collected his Whyte e150s another great bike!

Casey

Oct 31, 2018
Seattle, WA USA
I got a 2019 Levo Expert in February and have put about 1500mi on it. I haven’t ridden any other emtbs on proper trails but I find it hard to imagine any of them being better then this. I ride a mixture of trails but my favorite are gravity trails; either jump lines or tech trails. It can handle double black without an issue. I also have a Transition Patrol with 180mil travel and it’s long and slack. The Levo is just as capable on jump lines (I even prefer it) and it’s holds its own on steep technical double blacks; the only time I think of my Patrol is when I’m on the steepest, nastiest stuff but not enough to make me get off the Levo;). I love it and I’m sure you will too! The only drawback is the price but I think you get what you pay for; some other bikes have better individual components for less money but you have to look at the whole package. Specialized has done a great job with the geometry, motor, and software (the most natural fee In my opinion). enjoy!!!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
I got a 2019 Levo Expert in February and have put about 1500mi on it. I haven’t ridden any other emtbs on proper trails but I find it hard to imagine any of them being better then this. I ride a mixture of trails but my favorite are gravity trails; either jump lines or tech trails. It can handle double black without an issue. I also have a Transition Patrol with 180mil travel and it’s long and slack. The Levo is just as capable on jump lines (I even prefer it) and it’s holds its own on steep technical double blacks; the only time I think of my Patrol is when I’m on the steepest, nastiest stuff but not enough to make me get off the Levo;). I love it and I’m sure you will too! The only drawback is the price but I think you get what you pay for; some other bikes have better individual components for less money but you have to look at the whole package. Specialized has done a great job with the geometry, motor, and software (the most natural fee In my opinion). enjoy!!!

Interesting! That’s my biggest thing I’m new to 29ers always had 27.5 I couldn’t quite get the scope in a car park but that’s reassuring as well with gravity trails because who’s doesn’t love those things ? agree with the price but when your looking around 5k sometimes that little bit extra is worth the smiles!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
0CD3D64E-B125-4266-9072-4FC6C1EC7DAB.jpeg

All sorted and collected! It’s hiding from the wife currently don’t think she will notice ?

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Haha love it! Off to Swinley tomorrow for its first outing and my first outing in about 2 months! Buzzing already! And being the tart I am new POC helmet is ready for a spin!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Hi Robbie, looks great, how was your 1st ride, went out on mine again yesterday. What tyre pressure you running, mines at 25/30 PSI.[/QUOTE
I ran pretty similar pressures to be honest mate few PSI higher but purely due to the fact I’d literally just sealed up the tyres and wanted to ensure that I wasn’t on the trails messing around too much, have found that the brakes need another bleed though so taking it back to get the shop to sort it out for me hopefully! How are you getting on with yours in terms of battery? Used 45 on its first run mostly above eco mode to gauge what it was like in the higher modes but seems fine I do find eco is still a bit much so will dial that down slightly in mission control

Aaron

Jul 9, 2019
Bournemouth, UK
Did 13 miles swapping between modes on road off road, hit turbo going up some step gravel climbs, bike was excellent when in the correct gear. Had 62% left over, I think should manage 50 miles in one hit. I definitely feel like I’m getting more of a workout on the 2020 I’ve not changed any settings in mission control yet. Brakes seem ok.

sean00stone

Nov 26, 2019
UK
Hi All, Newbie here with a question ... have recently started an emotional relationship with a Levo comp ... sadly we had a small spat and ripped off her rear derailleur, it was a tragic glove related accident.

Now I'm swept up in a drivetrain research/upgrade orgy. My bling brain is courting with ideas of a new XTR 9100 12-speed 10-51 kit. (trigger, derailleur, 10-51 Cassette & chain)

Is anyone else running this? If so were there any compatibility issues with the Levo comp hub and Shimanos micro spline?

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Did 13 miles swapping between modes on road off road, hit turbo going up some step gravel climbs, bike was excellent when in the correct gear. Had 62% left over, I think should manage 50 miles in one hit. I definitely feel like I’m getting more of a workout on the 2020 I’ve not changed any settings in mission control yet. Brakes seem ok.
That’s good! Yeah same here in fairness should manage quite a lot if it was to be reduced from 35 percent!

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Hi All, Newbie here with a question ... have recently started an emotional relationship with a Levo comp ... sadly we had a small spat and ripped off her rear derailleur, it was a tragic glove related accident.

Now I'm swept up in a drivetrain research/upgrade orgy. My bling brain is courting with ideas of a new XTR 9100 12-speed 10-51 kit. (trigger, derailleur, 10-51 Cassette & chain)

Is anyone else running this? If so were there any compatibility issues with the Levo comp hub and Shimanos micro spline?

Personally wouldn’t go 1x12 due to the added stress the chain will go through and being an ebike too will be a lot but it’s up to you really that’s the horror stories I was told about the Whyte e150rs that the chain is put through more than a 1x11 tried and tested

sean00stone

Nov 26, 2019
UK
Personally wouldn’t go 1x12 due to the added stress the chain will go through and being an ebike too will be a lot but it’s up to you really that’s the horror stories I was told about the Whyte e150rs that the chain is put through more than a 1x11 tried and tested

Hi Robbie, Understood. Ive been trying to source information on the topic. From the few I've talked to, the consensus seems to be that the E makes Ebikes accessible to all human types ... including inexperienced, unfit and elderly riders, so the manufacturers are designing their bikes to a very broad market. It means they prefer to play it safe with the drivetrain: 1x11 / single-click may be more about the human element rather than the mechanical wear element.

Robbie928

Nov 10, 2019
Andover
Hi Robbie, Understood. Ive been trying to source information on the topic. From the few I've talked to, the consensus seems to be that the E makes Ebikes accessible to all human types ... including inexperienced, unfit and elderly riders, so the manufacturers are designing their bikes to a very broad market. It means they prefer to play it safe with the drivetrain: 1x11 / single-click may be more about the human element rather than the mechanical wear element.

Your not wrong at all! It’s an up to you think I would say but yes you’ll wear chains down more but equally 1x12 is epic no way round it my mates analogue ran rings round my analogue 1x11 quite shocked at the difference between them in fairness if I was in your shoes I would be very tempted!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles