Article Is the Shimano EP8 a bad motor?

FOG

Oct 5, 2018
Sheffield UK
My E8000 has just gone EO10 after 31/2 years and 2500 miles so well out of warranty. Has anybody in the UK tried suing Shimano under the 'not fit for purpose' legislation?
Surely the experience of so many Shimano owners falls exactly in this remit. If Shimano were legally forced to reimburse thousands of people they might get their act together. Or just drop markets with such legislation

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
Update to earlier post on this thread,now hit 2500 miles on my ep8 ,still running perfectly (yes I know that isn’t a huge mileage) on the original chain and cassette,just switched the chainring for a burgtec.I haven’t touched the app since I set it up the bike which has been through 2 winters ,deep water ,and been drenched frequently,no issues.I would say again,there are dozens of ep8’s out there doing just fine for every one that is complained about on forums like this (and rightly so if they are duff motors) but I personally know 2 guys who have had bosch failures and non so far with ep8 failures .I have no brand loyalty here,the bike I wanted came with an ep8,I would have bought it whatever motor was fitted.It just happens that my ep8 has (so far ) been faultless.That might change.

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Shimano Steps unwashed with pressurized water

FB_IMG_1704958317230.jpg

Bontee

Dec 6, 2020
warwickshire
This is great, you are lucky you do not read. You probably ignore Shitmano batteries die young.
I love the excuse lots of complaints because we sell lots.
That is a ton of BS.
In the last 4 years i read many reports with lots of kms trouble free on Yamaha.
Why did i not read tons from Shitmano if they sell soooo many more?? ???? ??????
Please let us know how your motor and battery are doing in 3 years.
Can’t tell you how it’ll be doing in 3 years but I can tell you that 2700 miles ( 200 in the last month) 2 and a half years with my ep8 and 630 battery and after setting up the app on day one haven’t touched it since.The bike has been dragged through it’s 3rd winter,mud,torrential rain ,river crossings and hasn’t missed a beat and the battery is still as good as the day I bought it.
Go figure !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles