Is it too soon for a group ride?

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
Been doing small group rides in Arizona for a number of weeks. Lots of sunshine and warm weather here.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Last week a mountain biker "off piste" in the Lake District broke his ankle and had to be rescued by a Mountain Rescue Team.

Rescues involving a stretcher carry-off usually involve between 10 and 25 people.

Covid PPE is very difficult and uncomfortable to use in the outdoors, especially in wet weather, and it is impossible to use social distancing when doing casualty care or carrying a stretcher.

If there is any hint of the casualty (or anybody with him) having covid either during or soon after the rescue, then ALL the MRT personel involved in the rescue AND all their families will have to be isolated for 2 weeks.

Many of these people are essential workers
, many in the NHS and other emergency services.

When the next casualty needs the assistance of a Mountain Rescue Team (and it might be a farmer or a local person going about their normal business) the team might not be available to give it!

Do you still think it is a good idea to go off-road riding with your friends at this time?
This is applicable to walking, horse riding, or any outdoor sport.....I know people who have fallen off ladders at home and ended up in hospital.........
I understand your point ....though

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Judging by the number of large groups I’ve seen in the Forest of Dean this and last weekend lockdown is over.

Mind you, it is the FoD so it’s entirely possible that they were family groups...

Reactions: S D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles