• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Is an eMTB the right decision for me?

EskilDK

Apr 28, 2019
Denmark
Hi emtbforums, and thanks for membership.

I'm eager to buy a eMTB but I am a little uncertain if it is the right decision. I live in Denmark around Copenhagen, which is totally flat, so no uphill. I have a 10 km to a trail and I thought I might be able to drive of from home a bit easier. And also have a bigger range from home. How do I find out if it is the right purchase for me?

kind regards EskilDK

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
I think it is a really personal decision. If you really have no hills then for me it would not be worth it. If you have gentle hills and some fun trails it might be an idea. What type of mountain bikes do locals ride? Cross country hard tails, short travel full suspension or longer travel enduro type bikes?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Welcome to the forum!
Definitely visit your local dealers and try different ones (brands / geometries / motors), but not only on the parking lots, take them for an hour or so.
And then try to rent one of your favorites for a day and singletrail the hell out of it! Your question won't be the same afterwards ;) (been there, done that, never regretted ^^)

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles