STUnlocker iOS App for Shimano motors is available

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Here's the official 1.4 updated instruction manual for those who are interested (complete with downgrade info for those who want to open up the speed restriction)

Has anyone else noticed that the manual is actually different from what is in the app once it connects?
On the circumference page in the app on my phone below the circumference settings is “Speed Correction”, there’s no mention of this in the manual or what it does!

stringsonfire

Jun 24, 2019
UK
On Android, do you need a "premium license" to either change to the US region 4.7 or downgrade to 4.3 and change the speed limits?

If so, how do you get a license, how much is it, and is it per user/account or per bike? I couldn't find the info on the website or the Google Play listing, and haven't downloaded the app yet as there's no longer a free version.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Has anyone else noticed that the manual is actually different from what is in the app once it connects?
On the circumference page in the app on my phone below the circumference settings is “Speed Correction”, there’s no mention of this in the manual or what it does!

I used the same screenshots from 1.3, I"ll check on this when I get a chance

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Ohh... C'mon!
Open the "User manual" from the site, read it and you'll find answers on all of your questions!
Also, in this forum, in many topics, same things was discussed many times: about price, compatibles, downgrade/upgrade and etc...

On Android, do you need a "premium license" to either change to the US region 4.7 or downgrade to 4.3 and change the speed limits?

If so, how do you get a license, how much is it, and is it per user/account or per bike? I couldn't find the info on the website or the Google Play listing, and haven't downloaded the app yet as there's no longer a free version.

stringsonfire

Jun 24, 2019
UK
Ohh... C'mon!
Open the "User manual" from the site, read it and you'll find answers on all of your questions!
Also, in this forum, in many topics, same things was discussed many times: about price, compatibles, downgrade/upgrade and etc...

The manual isn't up to date. It doesn't specify a price, only that you need to send an email via the app. Which now means I'd have to pay for the app to find out how much is have to pay for premium.

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
The manual isn't up to date.
It is up to date! Why do you think so?

It doesn't specify a price
Price was many time discussed on this forum in many threads.

, only that you need to send an email via the app. Which now means I'd have to pay for the app to find out how much is have to pay for premium.
Don't do it, please. Find another solution!

stringsonfire

Jun 24, 2019
UK
It is up to date! Why do you think so?

Price was many time discussed on this forum in many threads.

Don't do it, please. Find another solution!

The app version is 1.5.x. The manual says 1.2.

I found a thread that said the price is €30. Is that correct?

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA

I just checked this with my iPhone X and STEPS Unlocker v1.2 and I don't see "Speed Correction"... can you take a screenshot of this, and can you tell me what exact device you're using? Here's a screenshot I took literally minutes ago:

ss.jpg

The app version is 1.5.x.

No - the iOS app version is currently 1.2. This is a thread for the iOS version.
(The Android version is currently 1.5.24.)

The manual isn't up to date. It doesn't specify a price, only that you need to send an email via the app. Which now means I'd have to pay for the app to find out how much is have to pay for premium.

...you don't have to pay anything, you don't have to get the app.

That said - c'mon man, it's only $0.99 for the iOS app. Surely that's a reasonable price to pay to try an app on your $x,xxx E-MTB, right? :cool:

I've asked the dev about listing the premium price in the manual.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
I just checked this with my iPhone X and STEPS Unlocker v1.2 and I don't see "Speed Correction"... can you take a screenshot of this, and can you tell me what exact device you're using? Here's a screenshot I took literally minutes ago:

View attachment 17356

No - the iOS app version is currently 1.2. This is a thread for the iOS version.

That said - c'mon man, it's only $0.99 for the iOS app. Surely that's a reasonable price to pay to try an app on your $x,xxx E-MTB, right? :cool:

I'll take one when I get home after work.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

View attachment 17356

Here it is, this is with V1.2 on IOS on my iPhone 8
So this is weird, you're on V1.2 as well on IOS but I have it and you don't, interested to see if anyone else has it or can tell me what it does apart from what it says but I'd like to know what it actually does, what it adjusts and the effect is on speed limit or speedo etc.

IMG_3712.PNG

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Here it is, this is with V1.2 on IOS on my iPhone 8
So this is weird, you're on V1.2 as well on IOS but I have it and you don't, interested to see if anyone else has it or can tell me what it does apart from what it says but I'd like to know what it actually does, what it adjusts and the effect is on speed limit or speedo etc.

That is weird... what firmware are you running?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
4.7.0 but it was also there with 4.6.1
Speed Correction is the new feature for latest Shimano FWs: 4.7.0 for E8000, 4.4.0 for E7000&E6xxx and 4.1.0 for E5000
This feature is not available in 4.6.1, don't mislead people.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Speed Correction is the new feature for latest Shimano FWs: 4.7.0 for E8000, 4.4.0 for E7000&E6xxx and 4.1.0 for E5000
This feature is not available in 4.6.1, don't mislead people.

Sorry but I’m not trying to deliberately mislead people but I was pretty sure that it was there from day one when I downloaded the app when I was on 4.6.1.

So can you tell us how it works and in what circumstances we might need to use it and how?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Sorry but I’m not trying to deliberately mislead people but I was pretty sure that it was there from day one when I downloaded the app when I was on 4.6.1.
You are wrong

So can you tell us how it works and in what circumstances we might need to use it and how?
It's correction of a display speed/odometer from -5% to 5%

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
When did I say that?

No big deal, key word in my post.....THOUGHT!
Just that you were on here saying the app now had functionality with 4.7.0 so I THOUGHT you had updated your firmware but no biggie you can keep your undies on.

Remember you said this “This is the update I've been waiting for, generally I don't like running older firmware on tech stuff, heh.”

Fuck some people are sensitive.

Last edited:

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
No big deal, key word in my post.....THOUGHT!
Just that you were on here saying the app now had functionality with 4.7.0 so I THOUGHT you had updated your firmware but no biggie you can keep your undies on.

Remember you said this “This is the update I've been waiting for, generally I don't like running older firmware on tech stuff, heh.”

Fuck some people are sensitive.

LOL please, all I asked was "when did I say that?" and you're here all assuming all kinds of other shit LOL

You misunderstood, relax dude.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I hate to ask at this point as I feel there maybe a bit of friction going on in this thread ;) , but could I ask how I can change my app from the original developer version to the new version?
I can't do anything via my phone as it doesn't show it as an app in settings so no updates available?
Shall I just get the latest version & will the license transfer magically or do I need to do anything, I can't see a license number anywhere?
I posted in the original IOS thread here.

Cheers for doing this right guys, there is no better or cheaper solution out there & lets not go into the negatives of the other more expensive alternatives (y)

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
I hate to ask at this point as I feel there maybe a bit of friction going on in this thread ;) , but could I ask how I can change my app from the original developer version to the new version?
I can't do anything via my phone as it doesn't show it as an app in settings so no updates available?
Shall I just get the latest version & will the license transfer magically or do I need to do anything, I can't see a license number anywhere?
I posted in the original IOS thread here.

Cheers for doing this right guys, there is no better or cheaper solution out there & lets not go into the negatives of the other more expensive alternatives (y)

No friction here... moving along:

You should be able to go to App Store > Updates and it will show the updated version ready to install.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
No friction here... moving along:

You should be able to go to App Store > Updates and it will show the updated version ready to install.
Thanks, & to Fivetones, but there are no updates available, I can't even see the original app when I look at my list of apps in settings?

Cheers.

Edit to say I have the developer app not the first version available from Apple.
Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles