Invisiframe

Fx1

Auto WARNING : Possible Duplicate user : "Zero"
Feb 6, 2020
GB
Has anyone done this to their decoy?

I got this stuff on my car and it works great for stones.

I'm left wondering if well done heletape though would be easier on the wear areas such as rear triangle and side of tubes.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Invisiframe is cut to precision for your bike model / size of frame.
It takes a while to apply (probably around 5 hours for a whole bike), but once it’s on you won’t notice it.

Helitape is probably thicker, but would be harder to apply. You get 1 shot at sticking helitape, but invisiframe goes on with water, so can be moved about until in the perfect position. You also have to cut parts to make them fit where you want.

I’ve used Helitape for years, and did Invisiframe for the first time on my last bike. I’m collecting a new bike on Monday, and have an Invisiframe kit in the post for it (due to arrive on Monday too). Fit before riding, and you’re laughing!

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
How is the xpel film holding up to wear on the rear triangle? That stuff is impact resistant but doesnt like friction especially around the edges.

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
You get 1 shot at sticking helitape, but invisiframe goes on with water, so can be moved about until in the perfect position.
is there any reason not to use water (with a bit of soap, same way as Invisiframe) when applying helitape? I've got a vague recollection that I tried it once and it worked.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
You get 1 shot at sticking helitape, but invisiframe goes on with water, so can be moved about until in the perfect position.
is there any reason not to use water (with a bit of soap, same way as Invisiframe) when applying helitape? I've got a vague recollection that I tried it once and it worked.
It depends on the adhesive. I know the glue on xpel is put on with baby shampoo and alcohol as tac solution.

Never used heletape before

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
When I installed Inviframe on my bike I was surprised how easy it was using the baby shampoo method. I think that was because the 3M film is very flexible and moulds easily to the shape of the frame.

I got some Helitape with my mudguard and could't use it, its much thicker than Invisiframe and nowhere near as flexible. I tried using heat to mould it too but it just didn't work, I ended up using black tape to protect the chains stays.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Do you go for gloss or Matt. Is the black on the decoy just paint or naked carbon?

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
I got a decoy cf pro race 19. I invisiframed it using the matte finish an can’t really notice it. It does take time tho took me around 4-5hrs as taking my time. First pic without second with invisiframe
IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

TommyBoyMTB

Feb 8, 2020
Dillsburg PA
I used the matte finish invisiframe kit on mine. Definitely take your time, it will test your patience on some of the pieces. So far it has held up pretty nice.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
I used the matte finish invisiframe kit on mine. Definitely take your time, it will test your patience on some of the pieces. So far it has held up pretty nice.
Yes I bet. I paid £1400 to have this stuff fitted to my car by a professional.

I dread to think how hard this will be in areas. But equally damaged bike sucks more.

nativeracer

Aug 24, 2019
California
It’s worth the investment to install the invisfram. But, you are correct. Put some extra vinyl over the chain stays or places that get a lot of contact.
31392AA3-6F55-48D3-8BB3-0C4F4EC802FA.jpeg

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
It’s worth the investment to install the invisfram. But, you are correct. Put some extra vinyl over the chain stays or places that get a lot of contact. View attachment 26106
Makes sense.

Especially since they are carbon on the pro. I'll get some heletape for that area.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Did you guys put the film over the existing film protection?

I just tried to remove one and the glue is a bitch.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
I removed the existing. Omg so much easier.

Fx1

Feb 6, 2020
GB
Well I'd say that it turned out better than I ever expected. Got the hang of it pretty quick.

I'll get some photos once it's set a little and finished off tomorrow.

Goes on the Matt paint easier than the gloss.

Dec 15, 2019
Riga, Latvia
I have Decoy Full carbon size L Invisiframe kit for sale! New, untouched. Free shipping within EU!
Wrong purchase, i have alloy rear triangle, so carbon kit won't fit.
If someone interested - let me know.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles