Review Invisiframe frame protection and fork kit

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Product name: Invisiframe frame protection and fork kit
Price paid: £107.58 (frame and fork kit)
Score (out of 10) 7

See video for description and review including some damage caused by the frame rubbing on another bike! I’m not the best at fitting these fiddly kits but thought I’d give it a bash! :cool:

Sunderland

Oct 4, 2018
happy1
Very nice review Rob and you have a great looking bike.

Today I installed "most" of a paint protection kit for my Giant Trance E+ 2. Invisiframe doesn't make a kit for my bike but fortunately Chameoleon Skin makes one. The PPF film is self-healing but the Chameoleon Skin kit does not include coverage for the fork.

I have had the same experience as you -- quite challenging to install the large pieces and requires a lot of time and patience, but the outcome is rewarding and I believe the paint on my bike will be protected. I used a hair dryer on a couple of places that had compound curves.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton

Product name: Invisiframe frame protection and fork kit
Price paid: £107.58 (frame and fork kit)
Score (out of 10) 7

See video for description and review including some damage caused by the frame rubbing on another bike! I’m not the best at fitting these fiddly kits but thought I’d give it a bash! :cool:

68CFEE6F-7858-4855-A2B5-BFF953344EE7.jpeg

DaveG68

Oct 17, 2020
Stroud
I fitted a kit to my Whyte t129 5 years ago, there are lots of knocks and scrapes on the film after numerous crashes and weekly rides during that time, but the only place paint is missing is from tyre rub ( I fitted a bigger rear tyre than it was meant for, I guess it dorms and runs when cornering). So based on that I just fitted a kit to my orbea wild fs 21 model year.

You need patience if diy fitting but if you like to keep your bike in good nick is not a bad investment.

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Just fitted a kit on my Rise , you definitely need patience ! Initially I think I had a little too much baby shampoo in the spray, reduced it and it was better. Top tube was hardest one , it wouldn't stay stuck to the kink and in retrospect would have been better to put the infill pieces around the shock mount first , the one on the bolt side didn't line up with the hole because I think the top tube one stretched , I had to cut the hole bigger . Happy with the final result though .

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I fitted two kits to my Levo and sl one you get the hang of it it’s fairly easy I must say tho after only a couple is week there a few cuts in it from stones hitting the frame

I thought it would be a bit harder wearing than it is

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Has anyone tried fitting a matte kit on a frame with a gloss finish? If so, did it result in a satin or matte look or just come out weird?

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Pretty sure some one in here fitted a Matt kit to a gloss purple trek rail it looked nice hopefully there see this and post up a pic

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Pretty sure some one in here fitted a Matt kit to a gloss purple trek rail it looked nice hopefully there see this and post up a pic
I saw that. It's one of the best looking finishes I've ever seen.

My instinct is that the effect he has maybe wouldn't translate to other bikes, so I was hoping to find more examples to help me imagine whether it would make sense on my Wild FS.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles