Article Introducing the new 2022 Scott Patron eRide

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The new Scott Patron eRide is a 29er bike with 160 mm of suspension travel and 454 mm chainstays. That sounds a lot like the Scott Genius eRide. Does it make any sense having two such bikes in the lineup?

s_Patron_eRIDE_900_Ultimate_2022_SCOTT_Image-by-Jochen-Haar_0519-1024x682.jpg
2022 Scott Patron eRide 900 Ultimate

Well, yeah, it does. The Patron eRide seems to be a quite different bike. It gets the new Bosch Smart System kit, with the big 750 Wh battery. The Patron eRide takes integration to the next level, most noticeably by integrating the shock inside the frame. Check out our video for all the details and specs.

7 different models with specs

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Oh deep sigh, I can’t see any point in these shock lockouts on an ebike. What a gimmick, they puts realise that this is pants.
Maybe you'd get used to it. I rode the Scott Spark for a day and hated that twinlock. So much extra crap on the bike for very little (if any) benefit. I actually never lock out my suspension. Does anyone on an ebike? Actually interested to see if folks do...

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
My current bikes have lockouts on the shock but I never ever use them, just no point. I hired a genius for a day, and it was a complex set of thumb leavers, that didn’t really impress me. The LBS said most people have them removed.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Maybe you'd get used to it. I rode the Scott Spark for a day and hated that twinlock. So much extra crap on the bike for very little (if any) benefit. I actually never lock out my suspension. Does anyone on an ebike? Actually interested to see if folks do...
I thought the idea was that their system wasn't for lockout ? But for changing the suspension dynamics on the fly ??? (or is that just a posh way of saying - lockout ??)

Dannyned212

Jul 8, 2021
Netherlands
I sometimes do my rear suspension when I go up for a long climb... but I have to admit that I don't notice it much. It must be psychological that makes me do it...

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
What a mess!

Think bosch (and scott) need to employ some ergonomics people.

I do use the lockout on my shock, but only when pedalling uphill with the motor switched off - which is not that often. It does seem to make a noticable difference to pedalling with the motor off. But if I'm using the motor, it makes no difference at all.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I sometimes use the lockout on my DVO, but I almost as often forget to open it up again before heading down...

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I was quite interested in this bike, but anyone else think weight is on the high side?

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk

I also ride a Spark. Climbing is notably more 'comfortable' and efficient when you don't have a motor to push you along. As a result, I tend to lock out my ebike, manually, should the climb be long enough to warrant it's use. Others in the groups i ride with do so also, however the majority, don't. Perhaps it's a throwback to my hardtail days. Placebo maybe, however pedal bob, means that I'm wasting a little of my energy, which could be used elsewhere..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have never got Scott - whilst they had and have some of the streasiest riders in their team, the brand does nothing for me and their bikes are just so fecking ugly.

I thought they might have turned a corner with the new spark, I saw Brendogs one from the launch video in MB Cyclery which had bee shorn off all the lepper levers and looked awesome, but this eels another design from a design team playing blind mans bluff

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I will wait until they set siri to control all those settings and trade all those switches by a microfone at the stem, so that I can whisper at my ebikes’ ears what I want it to do… unlock this, lock that, etc

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Haibike called and want their ugly crown back
I hate to say it .... I quite like it ! :) It looks a bit like the love child of a Decoy, a Colander, a Sur Ron lightbee and one of those weird thing you buy to press logs out of old newspapers ....

I don't know ... it just appeals visually when everything else is starting to look very "samey" (is that a word ?)

On the flip side, this could just mean that I should really really consider holding off any dating at the moment .... Vote below .... :) :unsure: ?

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia

On the genius non ebike it's fantastic - geometry changes at the flick of a button. Think of it like a remote for adding tokens to the shock rather than a traditional dampening switch. Fully open for a raked out down hill ride, mid setting and you have a steep sharp steering short travel bike.

I'd love to try fitting that shock technology into my levo sl.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
I like it. As I do their Ransom. However I'm waiting a couple of years to see what integrated motor/gearbox fs models are about, before committing. Personally, I really like the idea of a fully enclosed rear shock?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Really used the lockout on my Genius a lot - on my eGenius ....... never really.

If they wanted to make a change - have a handlebar layout something similar to the Levo (about the only thing I like on them) - on the left a simple, easy to use power selector and a dropper post lever and on the right the trigger shifter.

If they want to make a statement to match the hidden shock .....
Rohloff hub with internal cable routing (or wireless) and the same with the dropper post.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles