Introducing myself

• Thread starter Deleted member 2899
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2899

Hello there. I've just returned to mountain biking after some years lay-off. I had started to get a bit bored with it all, riding the same trails time and time again and traipsing through the deep, sticky mud that I get in my area of the Cotswolds. It was also getting to be very hard work on the uphills. At 70 years old that's hardly surprising though. After 9 months of total inactivity following a rock climbing accident I decided that I needed some exercise so I went into the bike shop for two new inner tubes and walked out with a £3000 Trek Powerfly FS4. I've been out a couple of times and much to my delight I find that my enthusiasm has returned but from now on I will be avoiding the mud and not dreading the climbs. What a great invention.

Alan

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Hi Alan,
Like you I am an oldie at 68 and only came to E mountain biking after having a stroke and being unable to drive or more importantly not being able to ride motorcycles. Sold a car and two bikes and went and brought a Cube hardtail for what I thought was a stupid amount of money. More than I had ever paid for a car in my life. But its now nearly 2 years to the day and I have grown to love it so much so that I have brought a cube full sus 160sl which should be available to pick very soon. Only downside is being unable to drive I am stuck to the local area where I can pedal to unless somebody can give me a lift. Will have to bribe the kids to take me to the FOD or somewhere fairly local.
Good luck with getting back into mtb's the e bikes are brilliant. I am in Bristol so not too far friom the Cotswolds so our paths may cross.
Mick

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Hi Alan, and welcome from a total e-newB. That sounds like my kind of shopping trip hahaha. My wife sent me out for motorbike gloves and I returned with a Ducati. I wasn't allowed to go back for the gloves I'd forgotten :rolleyes:. Glad you're enjoying it so far.
@Oldcreaky, If I'm venturing out your way anytime, I'd gladly pick you up and take you somewhere different.
Andy

Oldcreaky

Feb 8, 2019
Bristol
Hi Andy,
Thanks for your kind offer, just let me know when and where you would like to go and we can make arrangements. How about the upcoming meetup at the Forest of Dean or earlier if you would prefer. I have not got a bike to my name at the moment my hardtail went for ayearly service and is still waiting for a head bearing and the new one is not ready because they were doing a tubeless setup as part of the deal and had to send away for the correct size rim tape. Hopefully both will be back before the weekend.
Mick.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
I'm bikeless st the moment too. I took mine back, as it was too small. Now just waiting for the replacement to arrive from Italy.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles