Internal cable routing

vham777

Oct 8, 2018
Switzerland
Hi Guys,

i am going crazy... tried to change my rear break and strapped old an new cable together to get it through the frame... well, didn't work out and broke! so i am trying to get the new cable through the frame blindly, but no chance at all :( do i need to take off the motor in order to see the cable routing??? did any of you do that already or should i consider to go to a bike shop to get it done?

any help apreciated

Br

Mirco

Stormy 107

Jun 22, 2019
Yarm
There's a rubber hose/sheathing that is around all the cables inside the frame to stop them rattling. That's why it does go through, I had the same problem. Just pop out the front 4 bolts and let the motor swing out and you can get access to all the cables.

IMG-20210409-WA0000.jpeg

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Hi Guys,

i am going crazy... tried to change my rear break and strapped old an new cable together to get it through the frame... well, didn't work out and broke! so i am trying to get the new cable through the frame blindly, but no chance at all :( do i need to take off the motor in order to see the cable routing??? did any of you do that already or should i consider to go to a bike shop to get it done?

any help apreciated

Br

Mirco
I actually swapped my rear brake without dropping the motor. (Only because I didn’t have the chain ring tool). Otherwise just remove, or swing down the motor, should only take an extra few minutes and will make the cable routing way less of a headache.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles