Intermittent drops in E7000 assistance

Pablofer

Oct 24, 2020
Santiago de Chile
A tip for those who have the problem. The problem is still there but in the meantime before going to claim the warranty I changed the assist mode of ECO, TRAIL and BOOST so all of them are in the maximum (60 N) and then set the multiplier for your human power to 70% in ECO, 110% in TRAIL and 160% in BOOST. In this way, the range is wider and the failing (my opinion) torque sensor has more room to still assist you and not cut the power. It works almost perfect.

Madonas

Dec 21, 2020
Delta BC
The drop in power should never happen . My first motor had this and eventually cause W013 and e010 errors and the motor needed replacing . The last motor replace never did pull power at any time but suffered the same fate ( W013 and E010 ).
M y third motor ( still going ) never pulled power.
This is an internal torque sensor problem not , not fixable . Just replace motor .

Last edited:

Chelsea

Feb 27, 2022
Chelsea
Has anyone found a solution? I’ve had this happen to me twice. Happened earlier today. Please help shimano!!!
Same issue here. 2021 Bigfoot vlt2. Was told it was the wiring harness. Brought my bike into shop and they told me I didn’t need a new wiring harness. They said when the bikes were assembled they forgot to install a o ring and that moisture was getting on the battery contacts.They installed the o ring but I still have cut out. Bike is going back to dealer and apparently the Norco rep is going to be there.Totally frustrating.

rdseal

May 11, 2022
Brooklands
Hi, I'm glad that I'm not alone here... I am doing a 24km round trip every day (the third day... never cycled before) and I decided not to charge the battery last night to test if I can do 2 days on one charge > what a mistake... this morning's ride to work was terrible... I had to resort to ECO all the way as BOOST has zero support, I mean I didn't feel any difference between all three modes). I will charge the battery now and see if I can get BOOST back on the way back home and let you know.
P.S. no modes done to my bike, yet... lol

Sanyago

May 25, 2022
Spain
Hi, one more with same issue in a E7000 in a WRC E8 series, for me it doen'st matter if the battery is charged or discharged, looks like an overheating problem...no error codes.
I'll try the Pablofer recomendation in order to see if it improves....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles