Intense Tazer MX Pro

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Looks like a lot of fun

Parts Unlimited and INTENSE form Exclusive Distribution Partnership for Tazer MX E-MTB

Intense Tazer MX Pro Highlights
  • 170mm travel front and 155mm travel rear gives you unparalleled confidence on the trail
  • Shimano STEPS drive unit gives you all the assist you need to make it up the steepest climbs with ease
  • 64.9-degree head angle achieves an aggressive geometry ready for any terrain
  • 29” front and 27.5+ rear wheels easily roll over all obstacles on the trail
  • Öhlins suspension is buttery smooth day after day
  • Magura XT 4-piston hydraulic brakes provide powerful and consistent braking power
  • Shimano SLX 11-speed drivetrain provides you with all the gears to make it up the steepest climbs
  • MOTOR: Shimano Steps E8000 25KM/H 250W
  • BATTERY: BT-E8010, FOR STEPS, 504Wh. Battery lock w/2 keys (Extra Battery Available $599 retail)
  • DISPLAY: Shimano Steps LCD, Bluetooth Compatible.
  • FRAME: TAZER Optimized Carbon 29” Front and 275+ Rear Triangle, Enduro link Pivot System, Downtube Flak Guard Armor, Internal Derailleur, Brake, Dropper Post, and Display Unit Routing, ISCG 05 Mount, 150mm travel.
  • FORK: Ohlins DH38 Race fork -170mm travel
  • REAR SHOCK: Ohlins TTX22M Coil
  • Suggested Retail $7,999 USD

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 07.58.35.png

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Still the ugliest Intense I can remember. Was so disappointed when they released it.

Original:

1583588703502.png

Reactions: Dax

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah it’s not a great looker and the paint jobs don’t help.
I believe they are developing a new model, so guessing specials like this are aimed at shifting stock.

Still I understand it’s a super fun bike to ride

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I've heard the same. Have owned a few Intenses and have always loved the ride quality. I hope they release something with their normal flair for looks.

D

Deleted member 7401

Very interesting they are selling to power sports dealerships. This move will PISS OFF the remaining Intense dealerships still standing.

I know it’s a unique bike made for power sports but when PU is available from every dealership in the country...and there are far more PU dealers than Intense bike dealers...each and every bike dealer will feel this in their ebike sales.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I thought Intense was consumer direct now? They are in the UK, with certain shops being affiliated service centers/collection points on something similar

D

Deleted member 7401

They are. But there still are dealers that sell Intense bikes...but I would venture to guess for not much longer.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I thought Intense was consumer direct now? They are in the UK, with certain shops being affiliated service centers/collection points on something similar

The irony is the quality of the service has increased massively since they went direct sales. When they were selling through their distribution channel they were hopeless, you never knew what would turn up. I have had bikes turn up a totally different colour and spec, and was just greatful that *anything* turned up.

Last edited:

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Very interesting they are selling to power sports dealerships. This move will PISS OFF the remaining Intense dealerships still standing.

I know it’s a unique bike made for power sports but when PU is available from every dealership in the country...and there are far more PU dealers than Intense bike dealers...each and every bike dealer will feel this in their ebike sales.

I'm not a motorcycle person, so I had to look them up. They have an estimated $400 million in sales, 300+ employees and sell to 12,000 dealers. Afaict, Intense has @ 4.5 million in sales and 32 employees. Even if it is a new non bicycle industry market, that's still a lot of opportunity.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles