Intense Tazer Expert

Ffcol

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Anyone have experience with the Expert model? All I have seen on the internet is for the Pro model. I am getting back into mountain biking after a while off and really want an Ebike. I am 220 lb and plan on carrying fly fishing gear on some rides. The big concern I have is the E7000 motor 60nm of torque. I have no idea how adequate it is. I can't find one around me to try. Also thinking about a Giant Trance X. I think I can actually obtain one. Thanks and I hope to become a member of the club.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Rob said something along the lines that the EP8 motor is not only more powerful, but more controllable in technical situations as well. It sounds like settling for less isn't a good idea in 2021. You might be able to find his quote with a little searching.

I've also heard a Tazer owner claim that the downtube is flexy due to the battery cutout. If he's correct, that may be a concern at your weight.

Unfortunately the Tazer just hasn't appeared in many (any?) eMTB comparison tests, so it's hard to evaluate. For me, those issues were enough that I stayed clear.

Ffcol

Mar 2, 2021
USA
Rob said something along the lines that the EP8 motor is not only more powerful, but more controllable in technical situations as well. It sounds like settling for less isn't a good idea in 2021. You might be able to find his quote with a little searching.

I've also heard a Tazer owner claim that the downtube is flexy due to the battery cutout. If he's correct, that may be a concern at your weight.

Unfortunately the Tazer just hasn't appeared in many (any?) eMTB comparison tests, so it's hard to evaluate. For me, those issues were enough that I stayed clear.

Your points were my concerns. I am crossing it off the list. i need to narrow my list to what is available and decide whether to wait until next year to get something. I can't think of a purchase I have ever made that was so dictated by availability.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Your points were my concerns. I am crossing it off the list. i need to narrow my list to what is available and decide whether to wait until next year to get something. I can't think of a purchase I have ever made that was so dictated by availability.
Just do lots of research on possible candidates and be ready to pull the trigger quickly when something sufficiently close enough to your preference becomes available.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles