Intense Tazer coming soon?

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I should know better than to be interested in bike ind folk raving about traits the bikes they sell (don't actually) have by now.

That's the whole issue with embn, I'm amazed they talk about anything other than specialized. I pretty much stopped watching after they were unable to present a useful levo vs kenevo.

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
That's the whole issue with embn, I'm amazed they talk about anything other than specialized. I pretty much stopped watching after they were unable to present a useful levo vs kenevo.
Agreed, it does appear many of their videos are now more infomercial than information these days. That piece form Specialized HQ in the Alps the other week was particularly cringeworthy in that respect.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm amazed they talk about anything other than specialized.
Coming from this forum that's pretty funny :)

FWIW It wasn't actually EMBN saying it was low. It was Olly. a guy who rides for Intense UK.
I agree it's full of biased marketing shit but it's also still full of bikes and riding. much like MBUK but with moving pictures. Presenter wise I mainly watch it for Martyn and Blake. Donny's alright but a bit flat.. .the rest of them don't often interest me or have much to say worth hearing. It's a shame because Steve did have a lot of interesting stuff to say when he was a DH racer.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Coming from this forum that's pretty funny :)

FWIW It wasn't actually EMBN saying it was low. It was Olly. a guy who rides for Intense UK.
I agree it's full of biased marketing shit but it's also still full of bikes and riding. much like MBUK but with moving pictures. Presenter wise I mainly watch it for Martyn and Blake. Donny's alright but a bit flat.. .the rest of them don't often interest me or have much to say worth hearing. It's a shame because Steve did have a lot of interesting stuff to say when he was a DH racer.

I live in hope that this won't turn into the levo owners club.

I've got a lot of respect for Jonesy, we grew up reading Dirt, and I regularly ride the trails he built, he a local legend. However embn is a load of toss. I tend to watch Jordan boostmaster, bcpov, singletrack sampler, seths bike hacks, etc, plenty of good bike content out there.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've got a lot of respect for Jonesy
Oh. Me too. Spoken to Steve many times over the years. usually at the top of a bleak hill both hungover. I don't agree with a lot of him and Chris Porters' ideas on what is best for an mtb (met CP in similar situations a fair few times too but only I was hungover).

I can't cope with that singletracksampler guy or the other one of Seth's pals who looks the same but shaved differently with a lisp. I can cope with a little bit of Seth but again it's very beginnery stuff. BC just isn't a good enough rider to entertain me and is a bit too nice. (I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been robbed while travelling) dunno Jordan boostmaster.
The mtb youtuber scene is a bit incestuous... I do really like Deaks vids, Matt Jones and Pilgs channels, and some of Ali Clarkson's vids are watchable depending on who he's riding with... Oh.. and Cathro obvz.
Some of it is massively cringeworthy. like that american bike review channel where there's 4 dad riders (Bike journalists) and they all stand around playing biketerm bullshit bingo while reflecting on their rides in a log cabin with beers in their hands they probably don't drink. :D

OMG! I watch far too much Youtube already :'(

I guess you're not too excited about the imminent release of the E-Tazer either then? :ROFLMAO:

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I guess you're not too excited about the imminent release of the E-Tazer either then? :ROFLMAO:

Actually I'm pretty excited, going to demo the tazer when it's out in the UK. I have always liked the way intense and Santa Cruz ride (and more recently, transition), always thought specialized are perfectly effective but ultimately dull, so it will be good to see how this rides :) I don't think I'll be swapping out the kenevo, as I'm blown away by how fun it is, but you never know.

Rorhound

Jan 20, 2019
Canyon Lake, CA
Here’s mine.

01C59FA6-5075-4096-B3B3-07C3EB7506A8.jpeg

Rorhound

Jan 20, 2019
Canyon Lake, CA
@Rorhound how does it ride?

After getting the suspension dialed and, for personal preference, installing a Rekon on the front, it handles great.

Like the Tracer it likes to be pushed. The harder it’s ridden the better it handles.

I demoed a BMC Amp Trail Fox for 5 days, installing my MRP Ribbon Coil and my bars on it (stock fork was junk). Hands down the Tazer handles much better.

Reactions: Dax

liv2ryd

Feb 15, 2019
Sutton, MA
I spent a weekend testing a Tazer in Bentonville AR on some proper enduro runs and all I can say is the bike kicks ass. It flat out hauled the mail on the DH runs I took it down. The geometry is very dialed for high speed descending and the mixed wheel size really helped keep the bike nimble in the turns. It also climbs with authority, I cleaned sections I could only dream on riding up on a regular mtb. Truly an amazing bike. I was so impressed I'm getting one on order this week.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles