Info on mudguard needed, picture inside

coppa28

Jul 29, 2019
Germany
Hey there,

stumbled upon that pic in another thread here and was wondering, if anyone would be able to identify manufacturer make and model?

Any hints appreciated, thanks in advance!

Greetings from Germany

20180528_152438-jpg.1717

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
with a mudguard of this style (Muckynuts fender copy) why would you not want the front portion?

coppa28

Jul 29, 2019
Germany
Not really sure about how much influence the front part will have while riding.
To be honest, that mudguard simply looked better than others...:rolleyes:
Unfortunately they do not offer a rear version with similiar design.

coppa28

Jul 29, 2019
Germany
Sorry, I don't really get it.
Bike is moving forward, so the most dirt should be expected while the tire profile is rotating upwards.
Thats where the fender is.
With rotation progressing, how does dirt get to my face?
Thats a theoretical approach as I got no practical experiences yet, so if you guys tell me it will happen anyway I have to deal with it.
First MTB, first eBike....

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dirt/mud/water spraying off the front tyre INFRONT of the fork arch is flung directly infront of your face when moving and you ride into it.

It happens on all bicycles. hence any good mudguard protruding forwards of the fork as well as behind.
The issue with doing it well on an mtb is leaving enough mud clearance so as not to clog tyres.
If you plan to regularly ride mtb in wet conditions I'd recommend an RRP, Crud XL or Mudhugger front guard over the style above you like the look of.
If it's just for the odd bit of puddle spray you may not mind having less coverage/face protection.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles