Importing e bikes to UK norco bigfoot

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
I am a Canadian i can only suggest you email them or write to them on their facebook page. I did and got a quick answer. Good luck. I demoed their Emountain bike and liked the playfull handling.

Kevinwilson

Apr 16, 2019
Harrogate
I am a Canadian i can only suggest you email them or write to them on their facebook page. I did and got a quick answer. Good luck. I demoed their Emountain bike and liked the playfull handling.

Thank you. I have emailed loads of shops in Canada and the USA so will wait to hear back from them. I also messaged norco direct.

If you know of any stores willing to send please do let me know :)

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Thank you. I have emailed loads of shops in Canada and the USA so will wait to hear back from them. I also messaged norco direct.

If you know of any stores willing to send please do let me know :)
If that helps you i am near montreal, i could go to a shop, i guess if you send them the money they will accept to ship to some address but inform yourself about shipping expenses, duties, taxes to know the real total price before ordering. I read about some haibike happy customer with their Efat maybe in your area it would be less expensive?

Kevinwilson

Apr 16, 2019
Harrogate
If that helps you i am near montreal, i could go to a shop, i guess if you send them the money they will accept to ship to some address but inform yourself about shipping expenses, duties, taxes to know the real total price before ordering. I read about some haibike happy customer with their Efat maybe in your area it would be less expensive?

That would be amazing thank you so much.

I did look at them but love the norco! Plus if there are non in the uk it’s a pretty cool ride on the trials ?

Thank you so much for this. Kev

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi any advice welcome. I want to get my hands on a Norco Bigfoot VLT1 but they are not available in Europe. Where can I find someone who will sell me one. Seem to be only available in Canada, USA and Australia.

Any advice hugely welcome :)

Bigfoot VLT 1 2019 | Norco Bicycles
Not to “kill” your idea at the very beginning but shipping would be the biggest challenge as it is simply a nogo via airfreight due to the big battery. Ground shipping via container can take 3-6 months before you actually have it. Furthermore it will need to be shipped as “Dangerous goods” which will involve a lot of paperwork and cost quite a bit extra. If it is a generic Shimano battery you could try and se off you can buy the bike without battery and then buy one locally in the uk.

Another challenge will be the warranty part, you might very well be on your own from day one.

Good luck

Karsten

Kevinwilson

Apr 16, 2019
Harrogate
I thought exactly the same thing with the battery! Think it’s looking unrealistic by the looks of it :( maybe as you say buy one without battery and buy the battery here. Hopefully my contract would be with shimano for the warrenty work would have to check on that but maybe as was suggested look at other brands here :(

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Don’t forget even if you could get it shipped successfully it would also cost you at least an extra 20% import duty (equivalent to VAT) when it got here. Probably not practical at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
When I looked at importing a car it was 6% import tax plus 20% vat of the combined value of the item and the shipping .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles