I'm claiming an e-bike worlds first!!

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
13,000 feet climb?

£330 per person from these guys looks good - takes labour out of booking rooms and bag transfers - Calling Gallaga - fancy this in May next year?

https://www.mtb.wales/trans-cambrian
Noooooooooo!!!
For it yourselves, much more fun. The route is ok to follow and booking accommodation is simple. Send your email and I'll
13,000 feet climb?

£330 per person from these guys looks good - takes labour out of booking rooms and bag transfers - Calling Gallaga - fancy this in May next year?

https://www.mtb.wales/trans-cambrian
Noooooo!!! ?
Plan it yourselves, much more fun. Go into 'General EMTB Forum's', Ive posted all the info you need. Bike set up, kit, route for the 3 days which is printable and can be used to plot the route on your own mapping set up ( I use memory map on a spare android phone) and accommodation info and there is no labour in booking digs, just pick up the phone to the places I've listed, dead easy! ?

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Great stuff ONB!! Has me dreaming of routes and battery drop locations and restaurant stop overs along the way and I don’t even have an emtb yet......yet
No need for battery drops, chuck a spare in your rucky and charge the one you use at the B&Bs. Planning this was a big part of the excitement. Have you seen all the info I put up in General EMTB Forum's? It's all downloadable ?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Your trip definitely has me planning different local routes. Sometimes it’s a long ways between towns/b and b’s and it’s fairly big vertical. They’ll be some trial and error involved. As an example the ski hill is set to open next year and I hear they’re renting emtb’s. The hill(revelstoke mt resort) has close to 1700m ish vertical and the mountain next to it is now a heli drop of over 2000m. They’ll be connected(probably a couple ways) and I’d guess it’d take more than a couple batteries to do a lap on each without the Gondi . There’ll be several of those ascents between towns. I need to check out those downloads. Looked like healthy vert and the distances looked super long when you were pointing them out. Entb’s Would be perfect for trail expansion around here. It’s a long ways to the other side of most of the mts without assist

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I would like to do it in 1 day - that would be a great achievement and showing the benefit of EMTB, but I would need 2 extra 500Wh batteries, so maybe we should organise our own trip and lend each other spare batteries and driver support with one group doing it West to East and the other Group doing it East to West, and plan it for the longest days of next summer.

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
I would like to do it in 1 day - that would be a great achievement and showing the benefit of EMTB, but I would need 2 extra 500Wh batteries, so maybe we should organise our own trip and lend each other spare batteries and driver support with one group doing it West to East and the other Group doing it East to West, and plan it for the longest days of next summer.
Well, good luck with that, I'll keep a look out for this happening ?

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Hmmm, sounds good on paper but the route ain't all flat and gentle climbs and avg speeds don't mean nothing on this. Can't see the point in attempting to have a go at doing it in a one'er, you miss the scenery, that's what its all about, take the time, enjoy what mid Wales has to offer, its fantastic. Take your own kit, take a spare battery, book the digs and soak it up, you won't regret it, seriously. I'll be back next Autumn, oh, and the solitude, that was wonderful, not a sole around, just me and me eee'B ?

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Hmmm, sounds good on paper but the route ain't all flat and gentle climbs and avg speeds don't mean nothing on this. Can't see the point in attempting to have a go at doing it in a one'er, you miss the scenery, that's what its all about, take the time, enjoy what mid Wales has to offer, its fantastic. Take your own kit, take a spare battery, book the digs and soak it up, you won't regret it, seriously. I'll be back next Autumn, oh, and the solitude, that was wonderful, not a sole around, just me and me eee'B ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
"the steep climbs up to 3% "
Lol
I'd pay to see the look on anyone who thinks 3% is a steep climb's face at the base of an actual hill in Wales or Scotland

@Old Northern MTB'er have you ever thought about doing anything like this in Scotland? The West Highland way would probably be a ride you'd enjoy. it's about 100miles all off road from Milngavie (just outside Glasgow) to Ft William. There's some pretty horrendous hike a bike involved in the middle but nothing you wouldn't get an Eeb up. most folk cycling it split it into 2 or 3 day trip but there are nutters who have done it in less than 12hrs (No Motor). infact the record for running it is something like 14hrs. proper mental!

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Lol
I'd pay to see the look on anyone who thinks 3% is a steep climb's face at the base of an actual hill in Wales or Scotland

@Old Northern MTB'er have you ever thought about doing anything like this in Scotland? The West Highland way would probably be a ride you'd enjoy. it's about 100miles all off road from Milngavie (just outside Glasgow) to Ft William. There's some pretty horrendous hike a bike involved in the middle but nothing you wouldn't get an Eeb up. most folk cycling it split it into 2 or 3 day trip but there are nutters who have done it in less than 12hrs (No Motor). infact the record for running it is something like 14hrs. proper mental!
I'll keep my mouth shut well tight re the 3% post *cough* ?
I'll look into the one you mentioned but its just that I have Wales on my doorstep and the multi day ride opportunities are HUUUGE! Off up to Dolgellau for a week early Dec, gona do some long day rides then off the week after..... Mid Wales again but I will check your suggestion out, Scotland is also like Wales, beautiful ?

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
Lol

I'll keep my mouth shut well tight re the 3% post *cough* ?
I'll look into the one you mentioned but its just that I have Wales on my doorstep and the multi day ride opportunities are HUUUGE! Off up to Dolgellau for a week early Dec, gona do some long day rides then off the week after..... Mid Wales again but I will check your suggestion out, Scotland is also like Wales, beautiful ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. I'll bet you do. I loved riding in Wales.
WHW is best done in early summer. Before the midgies are at full height but when there's loads of daylight hours. Plenty time to think about it. it's a really easy route to navigate TBF. but you'd definitely enjoy the scenery.

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Lol

14hrs to run 100miles is amazing as I can only do basic marathon distances and my PB is 4hrs 15 ( London) and half marathons PB in 1hr 45 (Bristol) - (did hilly Stroud 1/2 a couple of weeks ago in 2hrs ) but in my running club there are some Ultra Marathon Runners that do those crazy distances)

Sep 13, 2018
Leominster
14hrs to run 100miles is amazing as I can only do basic marathon distances and my PB is 4hrs 15 ( London) and half marathons PB in 1hr 45 (Bristol) - (did hilly Stroud 1/2 a couple of weeks ago in 2hrs ) but in my running club there are some Ultra Marathon Runners that do those crazy distances)
Some people are unreal. I used to do the Long Mynd Hike, 50 mile loop in Shropshire. Its on the ultra fell running calendar. Starts at 1pm on the Saturday of the event and by 7.30 onwards, you just know some people are crossing the finish at church stretton school. My best time was 18 bleedin hours!! ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles