I think I've got this all wrong!

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I think I might have this emtb obsession all wrong, hopefully I'm not the only one but I could be wrong and just plain odd :rolleyes:
I purchased the bike Christmas just gone and cant get enough of the thing, I'm either riding it, thinking about riding it or just doing stuff on it for the sake of it lol.
I used to ride years ago, pushed hard and became the fittest i have ever been, the only thing i remember about those days was the fact nothing got easer but only further and faster :oops:.

That was 18 years ago and im now 52 :rolleyes: Those days have long gone but i think the ethics of true pain still have a place within my brain.
Apart from some big rides 30 miles plus ( that's my idea of a good ride) I have a small route at 8 miles around the local park, it has some good hills and I use it to get fit when times limited.

I started out in the lower power modes and have eventually started riding it with the motor off. I find every hill I come to a challenge and have a go with the motor off.

This isn't some bosting thread, I am not fit and slightly over weight but I am a hell of a lot fitter than I was before Christmas. My main worry is if I carry on like this I may actually have to buy a normal peddle bike :eek:
Let me put this into perspective guys, i was actually grinding away up a hill the other day with the motor off and some lycra clad fitness freak over tuck me, i was tempted to turn the motor on but didn't :unsure:
Have I got this all wrong guys or does anyone else feel the need to turn the motor off and suffer for the greater good?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Nope! Not in the slightest.
Have you consulted your therapist about this suffering obsession of yours?

Edit: Years ago before emtb, I remember climbing up a hill (Cutgate for the Brits) and I was on my last legs, really knackered, run out of water, hot day etc. A hiker overtook me! :eek:
I did NOT enjoy that!

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Nope! Not in the slightest.
Have you consulted your therapist about this suffering obsession of yours?
Not yet Steve, can you cure me :).
To be honest I think I realised I had a serious problem when I let that guy over take me up hill, I should of shouted you fuc*^ing cheat that bikes half the weight of mine :mad:

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I think I might have this emtb obsession all wrong, hopefully I'm not the only one but I could be wrong and just plain odd :rolleyes:
I purchased the bike Christmas just gone and cant get enough of the thing, I'm either riding it, thinking about riding it or just doing stuff on it for the sake of it lol.
I used to ride years ago, pushed hard and became the fittest i have ever been, the only thing i remember about those days was the fact nothing got easer but only further and faster :oops:.

That was 18 years ago and im now 52 :rolleyes: Those days have long gone but i think the ethics of true pain still have a place within my brain.
Apart from some big rides 30 miles plus ( that's my idea of a good ride) I have a small route at 8 miles around the local park, it has some good hills and I use it to get fit when times limited.

I started out in the lower power modes and have eventually started riding it with the motor off. I find every hill I come to a challenge and have a go with the motor off.

This isn't some bosting thread, I am not fit and slightly over weight but I am a hell of a lot fitter than I was before Christmas. My main worry is if I carry on like this I may actually have to buy a normal peddle bike :eek:
Let me put this into perspective guys, i was actually grinding away up a hill the other day with the motor off and some lycra clad fitness freak over tuck me, i was tempted to turn the motor on but didn't :unsure:
Have I got this all wrong guys or does anyone else feel the need to turn the motor off and suffer for the greater good?
You do what you bleeding want mate ?. I was overtaken by a "lycra wearing fitness freak " a while back and couldn't resist turning the motor on. He went ape shit !! Spitting and all sorts.... I couldn't help laughing.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
It's ok, we accept all kinds here. There's nothing wrong with enjoying long sessions of pain with an overweight ride, but is it really fair to leave your ride turned off? Release the beast - if you can handle it.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley

never, not ever. first sign of trouble i'm heading for home/the shop.
i've pedaled my bike with a dead battery a few times and it is misery
you are indeed doing it wrong sir!

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Ignore that stupid post about riding with the motor off, I've just got home from peddling with the wind in my face for 4 miles mostly uphill, fu$ck that shit, turbo all the way lol. I don't mind rain and cold but wind is like hitting a brick wall on these bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles