I made a cleaning video

Moose

Feb 19, 2018
Cheltenham Spa
Nice vid Rob. You mentioned twice to use car shampoo without wax. Looks like there was Triple in yours:p

Screenshot 2019-01-15 at 10.25.51.png

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
Thanks Rob, nice to see an alternative to Fork Juice, I'm onto that!

Still not had to clean my Levo other than a light wipe down, but then I'm very conservative when I use her...;)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yeah I have one of these, and it give real peace of mind, especially as where I keep my bike isn't heated - also blasts a lot of crud out of the hard to get parts without having to resort to power washing.

gunshot72

Jan 13, 2019
Rushden, UK
I’ve transferred a lot of my motocross cleaning experience over to bicycles. I use...

- Jet wash with variable power lance on lowest setting. This is gentle enough to bash muck off while still protecting vulnerable areas.
- Rhino Goo MTB cleaner.
- Peaty’s foaming drivetrain cleaner.
- Fenwicks chain brush.
- Noodle mitt for frame, bars, forks, shock and wheels.
- Auto Finesse lambswool wheel brushes for delicate and hard to reach areas.
130psi compressor with trigger gun to blast off water before microfibre towelling down.
- Putoline Silicon Spray for cassette and chainring.
- Peaty’s Link Lube to lube chain.
- ACF50 for electrical contact protection.

Cakey boy

Aug 14, 2018
Hampshire
Yeah I have one of these, and it give real peace of mind, especially as where I keep my bike isn't heated - also blasts a lot of crud out of the hard to get parts without having to resort to power washing.

I’ve been looking at these myself I do some work for a distributor of these I think I may have a chat when I’m working there next! ??

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You only need the basic one - you can get cheaper versions on amazon that are dog dryers etc

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I just bought a 50 litre compressor, that blows all the water away & any shit out of those hard too reach places
You can also blow your tyres up....try that with a dog blower/leaf blower ?

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire

Ive got one of those, great bit of kit(y)

steve06

Feb 26, 2019
uk
i would dilute the muc-off buy another ltr ..can be aggressive on some surfaces, plus you end up with twice as much, another good product is scottoiler fs360, just spray on bike and wipe off, there's a lot of good products that are ph neutral and not acid based so i would use those if possible

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
Been using the same stuff for decades. I use my moto bike cleaning methods on my ebike and acoustic bike.
Power washer for chain, soft sponge and simple green.
Air compressor to blow dry chain and tight areas, brake calipers.
Microfiber towel to finish off.

8A5BC8E7-6533-4FBE-B170-BD7504325F3C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles