Hunting 2020 model, trek, haibike or other..... suggestions?

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
Surely by now the perfect bike has been found ?

On top of all he other requirements, it's not allowed to be a specialized because they're overpriced and non-symmetrical. What is "overpriced" - overpriced for good support ? Overpriced even though there's some amazing deals out there at the moment which make them cheaper than other brands ? They're not all non-symmetrical either. Crikes, it must be hell when the OP buys car tyres.

Ah yes, it can't have a silly name ? Must be Well ard, or SERIOUS sounding. God forbid anyone was chilled or had a sense of humour.

"Maybe a flyon motor" ? what's a flyon motor ? flyon is a bike - it has a TQ motor. TQ used to be called "Clean Mobile" - lucky they changed the name, who would buy a bike with a 120nm motor if it was called a "clean mobile" ..

So if you want a "Flyon" motor (sorry .. TQ....). Then you can buy a Spitzing :

M1 Sporttechnik SPITZING Evolution 2019

120Nm motor and full power mode is 550% assistance!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I just like the overall design of that bike, the proportions and the colours?.... What's wrong with you guys?!

There are LOTS of e-bikes out there, but you seem to have discounted all of them. The one shown is a concept drawing - if you read the guys comments he says he's made mistakes as to why it wouldn't work out in the real world.

Your first starting point seems to be aesthetics - fair enough. A running conclusion on here is that basically whatever you buy, it will be good and you'll like it (my bike is a pile of crap, but I really like riding it and I like how it looks, however it's being replaced this week because I've progressed and NEED MORE !) - So based on that when it comes to make a decision, you choose the one you like the look of - because you still have to like the thing.

Based on that - why don't you just image search until you find some you like the look of, then work out if any of those tick your other boxes and if not, what things you can change so that it will tick your boxes.

Lots of emtb images to view :

emtb - Google Search

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
I've found the perfect bike for OP.

surly-troll-bike-white-BK0337-1200x800.jpg

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
SmartSelect_20190810-153339_Google.jpg
all right.... I've decided. This is the emtb that suits my riding style, specs and aesthetic needs.(to be honest it would have been great if those Germans had made it red like the 10.0 model or chosen another main color, but 8k is too much, hence I'll be happy with the 8.0 model. Now the hard part of the journey is to find it in size XL and as much close as possible to where I live, just in case service and/or anything goes wrong you know. Lets see what I can find.

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
View attachment 16891 all right.... I've decided. This is the emtb that suits my riding style, specs and aesthetic needs.(to be honest it would have been great if those Germans had made it red like the 10.0 model or chosen another main color, but 8k is too much, hence I'll be happy with the 8.0 model. Now the hard part of the journey is to find it in size XL and as much close as possible to where I live, just in case service and/or anything goes wrong you know. Lets see what I can find.

That is a beast! I am sure you will be more than happy with it.

Pug907

Feb 13, 2019
portsmouth
Yeah, if I can find it! ?. Thanks mate, wish me luck
Don’t know where you are, but e-bikeshop in Farnham will be stocking them. Can’t say I’m keen on appointment only shops, but it obviously works for them?. My wife is still considering the all mountain 5, but delivery dates have been pushed back from June to October & prolly beyond, which begs the question, Why?? Problems perhaps?? Chains giving up prematurely with all that power?? Id wait for everyone else to iron the bugs out of the first lot & buy a revised model ?.

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Don’t know where you are, but e-bikeshop in Farnham will be stocking them. Can’t say I’m keen on appointment only shops, but it obviously works for them?. My wife is still considering the all mountain 5, but delivery dates have been pushed back from June to October & prolly beyond, which begs the question, Why?? Problems perhaps?? Chains giving up prematurely with all that power?? Id wait for everyone else to iron the bugs out of the first lot & buy a revised model ?.
I'm exactly at the opposite end of where you are if you consider London as center. I've been emailing with haibike in Germany and seems like they have problem because the bike request is too high to cope, expecially outside Germany. The all mnt 5.0 is a nice piece for that price, unfortunately goes just up to L size(48cm), the 8.0 has the XL (50cm/19.7") which for me is way better considering I'm 6'2"x92kg. I usually prefer proper size XL (21") frames, which is bit more than 50cm (53cm) but seems those Germans have their own frame size chart! Anyway I don't think could be a chain issue related, because haibike says chains are made to endure the 120Nm of stress torque produced by their engine. At least I hope so.

Fatyank

Jul 20, 2019
England
I wanted to buy the YT CF pro race but the German customer service seems not givin a damn to sell it. They have all the problems in the world, plus didn't contact me in over 3months from my last email. Very disappointed. Still looking for nearest reliable retailers here in UK where to find emtb XL (50cm up). Not decided yet exactly which model.
Haibike 8.0 all mnt, Giant Trance E+ 0, Trek TRAIL.... Loads of reviews on the Web, but when it comes to find the place and models to buy, the real pain starts.
Hi Big Wheelie, I would wait for the new Haibike either xduro allmtn or xduro enduro from Tredz, they have a chain of shops where you can call or just go on-line, great people to deal with and now a tonne of money off the 2019 models.
So depending upon what sort of terrain you are riding depends which model to go for.
Tip.The 2020 5.0 is carbon front triangle and ally rear fantastic ebike.
The 2020 bikes from Haibike are being released in October and what a game changer these new bikes are going to be.
Smaller Bosch motor with 120nm of torque, no more magnet in the rear wheel and a bigger battery are only a few of the features of the new machines.
Along with a new frame and the best technology on the planet Haibike are simply the best.
I bought a Haibike 6.0 xduro allmtn 5 weeks ago because I love everything about it.
Maybe I should have waited for the new 2020 machines but I am 54 now and this ebike is far more capable of things that I can put it through.
I like XC with a bit of bike park thrown in, I raced MX, did Enduro and competed in trials comps for many years.
So that's why I went for the 6.0 Allmtn.
Hope this helps.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
View attachment 16891 all right.... I've decided. This is the emtb that suits my riding style, specs and aesthetic needs.(to be honest it would have been great if those Germans had made it red like the 10.0 model or chosen another main color, but 8k is too much, hence I'll be happy with the 8.0 model. Now the hard part of the journey is to find it in size XL and as much close as possible to where I live, just in case service and/or anything goes wrong you know. Lets see what I can find.
There is nothing to stop you re painting it. Or I saw a service where you could get a coloured foil like they put on cars put on it.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I think the 2020 Bosch has 75nm of Torque. The TQ motor has 120nm of Torque.

Interesting how different motors have such different Torque values.

The motors which conquered the mighty slab I think are Yamahas. My question is would the Bosch motor be able to succeed in this mighty challenge? And which other motors would or would not be able to do it?
Anyway, here is the link....

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You could be right about them being Brose motors, I wasn’t entirely sure.
I'm sure 33red will tell you they took out the brose motors and replaced them with Yamaha motors, but yes, one is a Kenevo and one a Levo - so both brose. They don't show that they had to change the motors three times .. but they were brose... (I've just ordered a Kenevo, so I'm only joking).

In answer to your question, I think any of the present motors would be capable of the same feat with a good rider.. Hell of an impressive effort, there's probably a very amusing out takes video with even more swearing in ! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles