Hunting 2020 model, trek, haibike or other..... suggestions?

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
I wanted to buy the YT CF pro race but the German customer service seems not givin a damn to sell it. They have all the problems in the world, plus didn't contact me in over 3months from my last email. Very disappointed. Still looking for nearest reliable retailers here in UK where to find emtb XL (50cm up). Not decided yet exactly which model.
Haibike 8.0 all mnt, Giant Trance E+ 0, Trek TRAIL.... Loads of reviews on the Web, but when it comes to find the place and models to buy, the real pain starts.

plu29um

Apr 24, 2019
Denmark
No offense taken - at all.

I suggested Whyte because they make bikes built for the UK climate and also because Whyte, along with Mondraker and Commencal, actually makes proper sized XL bikes.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Trek RAIL bikes to be released.

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
No offense taken - at all.

I suggested Whyte because they make bikes built for the UK climate and also because Whyte, along with Mondraker and Commencal, actually makes proper sized XL bikes.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Trek RAIL bikes to be released.
I see mate, thanks anyway.
You know, is often soo annoying that with so many specs on every bike you see, you maybe like all of them and then the colour or the design seems like left to a blind man to come up with! You know.... ?

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
Last year around this time I was browsing eBikes in shops around me and there were often lots to choose from on the floor. I walked into one of the same shops this year a few days ago and there was nothing at all. I think eBike sales are taking off, leading to supply issues.
Exactly..... ?

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
check out focus jam, i will buy one as fast as they release them, should be in a week or 2
Thanks, but I don't like colors and that retro style ?, plus that horrible design with the engine popping out like that.... No thanks, I like engine almost visible and neatly integrated with the frame, possibly with same colour of the bottom frame. Mate, I'm gonna spend a fortune on my new emtb, hence have to be PERFECT.

Hallberg

Jul 18, 2019
Jonkoping lan, Sweden
Thanks, but I don't like colors and that retro style ?, plus that horrible design with the engine popping out like that.... No thanks, I like engine almost visible and neatly integrated with the frame, possibly with same colour of the bottom frame. Mate, I'm gonna spend a fortune on my new emtb, hence have to be PERFECT.
well at least wait 2 weeks^^ maybe 2020 have some changes =)

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
well at least wait 2 weeks^^ maybe 2020 have some changes =)
Sounds like you could be interested in a Simplon Rapcon Pmax ?
Sorry for german language source, thats the only one I know.
Not released yet unfortunately, but maybe worth waiting for.
OMG, not bad at all that Simplon.... Thank you! And yet they've done their worse to put everything in the right place but NO schwalbe bloody Mary please or shox upside down ?ffs?! Are they doing on purpose? C*@# sake

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
OMG, not bad at all that Simplon.... Thank you! And yet they've done their worse to put everything in the right place but NO schwalbe bloody Mary please or shox upside down ?ffs?! Are they doing on purpose? C*@# sake
If you are going to dismiss designs based on the colour, shock orientation and tyre choice you will be waiting a loooong time to buy your bike. A better approach would be to draw up a shortlist of possibles then try and ride a few - after all you are buying it to ride, not look at.

coppa28

Jul 29, 2019
Germany
Simplon offers an online configuration tool, too.
Guess you can modify a couple of things you don't like.
Unfortunality the price tag is way beyond my limits.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
The 2020 Cubes look pretty cool. Very good bang for the buck. I think all the Stereos come with a Carbon frame.
I can't post any pictures here or I will be shot as they haven't been released yet. ;-)

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
If you are going to dismiss designs based on the colour, shock orientation and tyre choice you will be waiting a loooong time to buy your bike. A better approach would be to draw up a shortlist of possibles then try and ride a few - after all you are buying it to ride, not look at.
Disagree, I'm gonna spend a fortune on my emtb hence have to be PERFECT. period

Big Wheelie

Jul 31, 2019
UK
There is no such perfect bike on the market, so good luck with that - over and out.
Everyone of us has a perfect bike.... Since I'm not gonna change bike every weekend(plus they cost a fortune) I need the perfect one that last, plus I have to like it, simple as that!

skyfree

Aug 31, 2018
Fremont, CA USA
Everyone of us has a perfect bike.... Since I'm not gonna change bike every weekend(plus they cost a fortune) I need the perfect one that last, plus I have to like it, simple as that!

My good friend just went through this process with the same thoughts. He demoed everything he could and decided nothing but a top-level Levo would do for like $9,000 USD. Then I got a Giant Trance E+1 on closeout for $3,800 and he tried it out and loved it and bought one. Turns out the difference wasn't that significant in the end. His revised thinking is that the technology is changing pretty fast and even if you spend big, whatever you get will be obsolete in 2 years.

For me, I've also got a 2017 Haibike with almost 2,000 miles on it and it's getting pretty trashed. Motors last about 5,000 from what I understand. I'll probably have replaced everything but the motor by the time that comes around. Got that bike on a closeout sale as well and glad I didn't pay more.

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
The 2020 Cubes look pretty cool. Very good bang for the buck. I think all the Stereos come with a Carbon frame.
I can't post any pictures here or I will be shot as they haven't been released yet. ;-)
I can't wait, only Cube and Vitus to release 2020 bikes. Otherwise I'm going for one the Bulls Sonic series.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Have you looked at the Fantic Integra 160/ 180? No USD forks, but Marzocchi do a good range you could fit ;)
Personally I would stick to conventional forks. All the hype about USD forks on MX bikes had me cracking up as I tested hundreds of hours and from long years experience the best fork outside of 1-off custom works forks (and that is debateable) was the conventional forks on the 88 RM250. I know some good local pros that have moved them from bike to bike with new triple clamps and find they are better than most current forks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles