How to ride a Vitus E Sommet

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Pretty sure this is an E Sommet and got a pretty good idea who it is.. but if you know the descents then it's very impressive as even with the Gopro effect you can tell how gnarly these are and at the speed he's hitting it at....

The rider skill alongside how much punishment the E bikes taking is awesome to watch... those poor wheels...

Anyway there are a few more videos this guys posted on the same bike.. if you compare to others videos on the same trails picking their way down then it puts these into perspective.

I've ridden this next one from the 35 second mark but the first 35 seconds are significantly worse than it looks on video.. I keep thinking I'll ride it until I get there then decide to do one of the other descents off there instead.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Think I know who it is too, something very weird going on with that top tube too

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
Looks like a shiny sticker.. probably covering custom top tube decals.
He deliberately doesn't say who it is and stays silent so you can't hear his voice.. so he must have a reason.
I also suspect that's possibly the new Fox 38 on the front.

Definitely well planned and very early to get free runs at them. Hard to express how gnarly some of those sections actually are and I'm not ashamed to admit I've never done the top 35 seconds of Grizedale Pike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles