• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered How to lock it in the garage

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Recommendations please, for a system to lock up the bike as securely as possible in the garage. I'm looking for some kind of anchor that drills into the wall and a chain to attach to it. Weight no issue as it'll stay in the garage.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
In addition to the ground anchor you may wish to stop them getting in to the garage. Once they are in they have time to set about your bike. Hacksaw through the frame and then walk out with it, for example. :eek:

I have two lockable up and over sheet steel garage doors. I have riveted two sliding bolts to each door. The bolts slide into holes I have drilled into the garage floor. This means that I cannot get into the garage via those doors. That's OK as I no longer have room in there for cars. I can only open them from the inside, but that's easily done. The window openings are screwed shut. The glass and plywood pedestrian door has been replaced with a robust solid wood door with three 4" stainless steel heavy gauge hinges. Instead of one cheap 3-lever lock that half the village would have keys for, I have two 5-lever mortice locks. Security lights front and rear complete the job.

I am under no delusion that this will stop a determined thief, but it will slow them down and maybe they will decide to break in to a nearby garage instead of mine!

I was thinking of using an Alarm Mine. The impact of a blank 12-bore shotgun cartridge going off in the confines of my garage should put anyone to flight! But I haven't had a bike stolen yet, so it's a step too far for me, currently.

See here:
Buy here: I can't get the link to show on the site. Google "Bisley Alarm Mine"

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Thanks for replies. I just ordered an abus granit wba100 ground anchor and a kryptonite 1410 chain. Should be ok as a) this is Switzerland and b) next door's garage has a lot more stuff easily available.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I got a shotgun & the garage is alarmed to the house.....happy days ?
I've also got a Bosch motor & I keep the battery in the house ....so even Bradley wiggins would struggle to ride off on it ????

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles