How to charge while transporting

Jeb

Jul 17, 2019
Colorado
Outside outlet charges 110v from inverter/camper battery!
6A1AE09B-956F-4B2C-BC77-1887F993DA6F.jpeg
05D32869-F86F-49DF-9E84-617047810E6F.jpeg

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
Interesting setup. Not to be negative but I think the vibration and possible heat would be hard on the charger causing a shortened life span. In the summer the heat from the road and RV would cook that charger but if it cooler outside then should be OK. Good luck!

Jeb

Jul 17, 2019
Colorado
Aye
Interesting setup. Not to be negative but I think the vibration and possible heat would be hard on the charger causing a shortened life span. In the summer the heat from the road and RV would cook that charger but if it cooler outside then should be OK. Good luck!
Agree on the heat factor Utah. I put a rag over the charger and put a baggie over the exposed connector to keep out dust on our recent trip to, you may know the spot, “The Wedge” when ambient was 93F on I70. ?So nice to charge traveling between trails. Looking forward to Fall rides!

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
How come you can't charge inside the RV? I've been looking at the net zero inverters because I like to rough camp in Moab but they are expensive and may get stolen while I am riding.
In other news, I rode the "wedge" today. Thanks for the heads up.

20190922_141739.jpg

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
How come you can't charge inside the RV? I've been looking at the net zero inverters because I like to rough camp in Moab but they are expensive and may get stolen while I am riding.
In other news, I rode the "wedge" today. Thanks for the heads up.

View attachment 19009
any details on the bike Utah ,have you upped the fork/ shock ...sits nice

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
The bike is a 17' XL. My wife has a MED same year. Suspension is stock, Yari front fork, Fox in the back. Around 4000 miles on mine, never had any suspension seals leak yet and I keep my bike laying on it's side in the back of my Durango all day everyday while I am at work. LOL. I think the suspension is perfect for me and the wife. I'm around 213 lbs riding weight and carry a spare battery quite often. I bought some Carbon rims from EIE Carbon about 800 miles ago because I got tired of trying to keep the stock rims tubeless. The rim tape would keep leaking so I had carbon rims made UST with no spoke holes. The rims have DT Swiss 350 hubs and 32 spokes for my largess. Ha. I'm going to keep my studded tires mounted up on my original rims since I ride all winter. My original motor went out at 3200 miles and Specialized sent my LBS a new one and just charged me for the install. Broke an axle around 3400 miles. No biggie, fixed for around $100. The original batteries on both bikes will only pull around 8 miles continuous climbing for a 16 mile round trip. They are the lower 460 Watt hour batteries. I bought a newer 502 Watt hour and man what a difference. It will do a continuous pull of 12 miles 3500ft. I am really Jones'ing the new Levos with their 700 Watt hour batteries but such is life. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles