How things have changed in 3 short years

davidjmilli

Nov 20, 2020
Dudley
Current eBike. Cube 160SLT. Replacement for Cannondale Moterra LT1. very different beasts.

C7417E8A-FA0E-4465-B33E-B48BC887FDDE.jpeg

5B9E3FC2-F1D0-4515-8DDC-17900B902B42.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I used to think the Cannondale was the devils spawn, but I now find myself having something of a soft spot for it, it had some very clever design elements and some real though into weight placement etc.

If you set aside the motor, is the cube a better bike to ride? I suspect the cube is heavier?

davidjmilli

Nov 20, 2020
Dudley
I used to think the Cannondale was the devils spawn, but I now find myself having something of a soft spot for it, it had some very clever design elements and some real though into weight placement etc.

If you set aside the motor, is the cube a better bike to ride? I suspect the cube is heavier?
Indeed the Moterra is an love or loath design yet the low centre of gravity and short chain-stays made it very playful and stable in the air and something i grew to love. After some investment into better brakes and a change of contact points it became a pretty nice ride and great fun to throw around even over some of the nastiest terrain. Unfortunately some Ass****! stole it while i couple months back and now I’ve got the CUBE as its replacement as it was the best i could find with the stock shortages of the last few months.
Currently I wouldn’t say the CUBE is a better ride for me (yet), rather a different feeling ride. The larger battery whilst giving better range sitting higher in the frame certainly has an effect on handling. The geometry between the two is very similar perhaps the CUBE being a little slacker making it more capable downhill also with the CUBE being the SLT model and so much carbon kit it is actually a couple of KG lighter at 22.6. Hopefully once i’ve swapped out the brakes, bar, stem and banished the inner tubes I should be a bit more comfortable on it. The Magura MT7’s whilst having decent power to me don’t have the feeling of the Hope V4’s which I’ve come so used to. Also my suspension setup is not yet 100% as being my first Rockshox setup since the 2000’s I’m still struggling to find my tune. It shows promise though, I’m not a million miles away and I’m expecting good things when it dialled. Those in the forums certainly seem happy with theirs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles