How tall are you and what size frame do you have?

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
I'm 5'10" (178cm), 70kg, 32" inside leg and have a L 19.5" frame. I was torn between M & L like you.
The LBS watched me on both bikes and recommended the large which I went for.
For the fist few rides I felt the bike was too big but now I'm glad I went with it - although I did replace the stem to reduce the reach by 25mm. I ride a hardtail so no sag at the seat.
I hadn't riden a bike for many years and I suspect it was my reduced core strength that made it initially feel big. Having a dropper helped when I needed more mobility / manoeuvrability.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I am 5.8 , short arse but I class myself as normal ;). I purchased the 140 in medium, I think that's a 16 inch frame which sounds really small. After plonking on the miles I have dicided it is the perfect size for me.
I have the seat post on full extension so i guess i could of gone for a large 18" and had everything at its lowest limit but ultimately i would have been over biked.
At my age ( just turned 52) I am at the point where I am probably shrinking so its perfect :eek:

Hope this helps with the size dilemma .

Simps

Aug 18, 2019
Staffordshire
I'm 182cm and got a 19in frame as suggested by the sizing guide, Wish I'd gone bigger now as I am very leggy.
That's the crap side of buying online.
Lesson learnt for next time. :unsure::whistle:

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
I'm 182cm and got a 19in frame as suggested by the sizing guide, Wish I'd gone bigger now as I am very leggy.
That's the crap side of buying online.
Lesson learnt for next time. :unsure::whistle:

Thanks for everyone's reply so far, looking at the Cube website there is no size guide and the frame sizes for the 140 go from 18 then to 20 no 19? do you have a model before the 2020 one?

Simps

Aug 18, 2019
Staffordshire
This the chart that was on LLB when I ordered my Cube reaction.....
Annotation 2020-04-01 110203.jpg

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
You can see more info about Cube frame size choices on other threads. My opinion Cube frame size sugestions for MTB bikes are in generall conservatives. I´m 169cm tall and ride an 140 size M /18´´. Good fit size. S size is too small in my opinion. If you are btw sizes go bigger.

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
You can see more info about Cube frame size choices on other threads. My opinion Cube frame size sugestions for MTB bikes are in generall conservatives. I´m 169cm tall and ride an 140 size M /18´´. Good fit size. S size is too small in my opinion. If you are btw sizes go bigger.

This is the info i was after, i'm 170cm and really struggling to see if small or medium is best, my worry is seat tube with 150 dropper, standover appears to the be same from small to large, reach goes up an inch each size, my current bikes are a medium transition patrol with 450mm reach, which i find fine for what the bike does, my hardtail is a small kona with 410mm reach, which i also find fine for what it does, so would a small be too small really, or could it be a decent enough fit for our height?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
This is the info i was after, i'm 170cm and really struggling to see if small or medium is best, my worry is seat tube with 150 dropper, standover appears to the be same from small to large, reach goes up an inch each size, my current bikes are a medium transition patrol with 450mm reach, which i find fine for what the bike does, my hardtail is a small kona with 410mm reach, which i also find fine for what it does, so would a small be too small really, or could it be a decent enough fit for our height?
We allways have to consider personal preferences, but for me M is the perfect do it all. It as a more balanced BTW front and rear. S is very short and loses stability in my opinion.

Clarky860

Mar 19, 2020
Austria
Coming to terms with the fact that I should wait, as much as I want one now, I really would be foolish not to try the sizes before I spend so much money. Just have to wait till the shops all open again.
Thanks for all your comments and if you are reading this thread for the first time please feel free to add your height and frame size anyway, it's still interesting. I'll update you all when I finally choose one

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
My frame is 16 inch ( 2020 model 140) I am convinced it was sold as a medium, is it a medium ? To be honest I think you can only find your ideal size after putting on the miles. I am 171 cm in height and after putting on the miles I reckon I could of gone a size up and had the seat stay lower.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
My frame is 16 inch ( 2020 model 140) I am convinced it was sold as a medium, is it a medium ? To be honest I think you can only find your ideal size after putting on the miles. I am 171 cm in height and after putting on the miles I reckon I could of gone a size up and had the seat stay lower.
16'' is the smallest frame size, so I should say that we can consider it as an S size. For me is too small. I' vê tested some bikes and those short reach don't suits me.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I wish I hadn't looked at this thread or replied in it. I have gone through life knowing I'm not freakily tall nor short enough for people to take a second look. To some it up I am happily in the normal range of the height spectrum.
After actually getting my other half to measure me the other day it would appear I am not 5-8/ 5-9 as I have thought for all these years but 5.7 ( 170cm) and after blissfully thinking I've been riding a size medium bike since purchase I have now come to the knowledge its actually a size small :( Life was good in ignorant bliss :rolleyes:

Yours sincerely Small Person

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I wish I hadn't looked at this thread or replied in it. I have gone through life knowing I'm not freakily tall nor short enough for people to take a second look. To some it up I am happily in the normal range of the height spectrum.
After actually getting my other half to measure me the other day it would appear I am not 5-8/ 5-9 as I have thought for all these years but 5.7 ( 170cm) and after blissfully thinking I've been riding a size medium bike since purchase I have now come to the knowledge its actually a size small :( Life was good in ignorant bliss :rolleyes:

Yours sincerely Small Person
If your happy with it and suits your style just keep on riding and learning. I've ride smaller bikes for a number off years to reach the conclusion that longer reach bikes are more balanced bikes. Riding having lots off fun and learning.

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
184cm, 33" inside leg, 2018 20" frame.

Felt big at first, because I was used to narrower tyres and more lightweight frame but feels fine now.

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
How tall are you guys and girls and what size frame do you have and what model, looking at getting the 140 TM for obvious reasons can't go in to a shop and try them out for size, I'm 180cm 70kg 83cm inside leg so right on the border of 18"-20" but thinking 20" maybe?

178cm, 81cm IL and 70KG... I use a Medium frame (Action Team 140 HPC) and to be honest it feels like a large of non-ebikes that I have had. Any bigger and it would be too big.

Jtsavola

Feb 1, 2020
Finland, Nurmijärvi
178cm, 81cm legs too, 84kg. I bought 140 HPC Race 18". First think should have taken 20" but after 500km riding I'm happy with size 18". I suppose 20" would be a bit big for me in technical trails

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
The one thing i noticed was that the 16, 18 & 20 all have the same standover, it's really the reach that changes between them, is anyone struggling with the standover on the 140 or 160 due to it appearing to be quite high (777/772mm), or is this a case of it being measured at the centre of the top tube, as it does look to have a steep angle on the top tube?

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
The one thing i noticed was that the 16, 18 & 20 all have the same standover, it's really the reach that changes between them, is anyone struggling with the standover on the 140 or 160 due to it appearing to be quite high (777/772mm), or is this a case of it being measured at the centre of the top tube, as it does look to have a steep angle on the top tube?
It's quite high aldo measured on top off direction. Suppose short inseam riders will struggle with it.

argee1977

Aug 5, 2019
Bristol, England
It's quite high aldo measured on top off direction. Suppose short inseam riders will struggle with it.

Yeah, it does seem to have a weird standover through the range, possibly the one thing that could make me look at something else, just wish a shop was open to swing a leg over a small or medium.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Yeah, it does seem to have a weird standover through the range, possibly the one thing that could make me look at something else, just wish a shop was open to swing a leg over a small or medium.
What is your inseam? Suppose Frame designs must have in consideration roo. To acomodat the battery.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
It is hard to say what size you are gonna have beacuse it is different sizes with different brands e.x a levo in large maybe fits you but if you try a Merida maybe you need a XL.

I am 185cm and i have a Vitus e-sommet vrs in large and a capra (non e-bike) in XL.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles