How many of you carry a hanger

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I have always had a spare rear mech hanger for all my bikes , not got one yet for the jam2.
How many carry a spare ?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I never used to but then once I got my Levo, I started pushing my skill envelope ........ and bending mine!

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Yup. Bent my hanger on third ride out, so carry one now

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I always carry a hanger. I gave away the one for the YT Capra when I sold it (seemed the decent thing to do) and I have one for my Whyte T130 and now my Focus Jam2. I carry them in my pack, although now I think about it, I should remove the one for the Whyte as I doubt I will ever ride the bike again.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I'm thinking of carrying a spare derailleur along with the spare hanger I already carry. I'm on my 3rd GX Eagle mech in 4 months.
unhappy sram.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
sort of

I carry the bent hanger and retaining nut from my first ESommet in my hotlaps gripper bag.
The original hanger wasn't bent while riding. it was bent in transit between CRC and here on it's warranty holidays.
so I straightened it and ordered a replacement.

I tend not to twat my mech off stuff and haven't bent/broken a hanger in over 10 years and probably 50000+ miles.
Crashes do happen though so you never know.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I can’t find one on the web , is it a focus dealer specific item or is there an alternative?
Thanks in advance

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I can’t find one on the web , is it a focus dealer specific item or is there an alternative?
Thanks in advance

Focus Jam2 Mech Hanger KD325917010

I Googled that and got this website (wait a while until it converts to English)
Focus Schaltauge - JAM, BOLD - seit 2018

I checked against mine and its deffo the correct one.

This site may be cheaper, but you are going to have to look through the pics to find the correct one.
Focus Derailleur Hangers

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
I have always had a spare rear mech hanger for all my bikes , not got one yet for the jam2.
How many carry a spare ?
Hang her? I barely knew her!
Sorry. I carry hangers for all my bikes, too. I guess I don't ride hard enough, though, because I ain't needed one yet, knock wood, at least not on the trails.

Last edited:

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Yup. Carry one for the Levo and have done for whatever my current bike is, after getting caught out on a spesh enduro about 20 years ago.

Telemarker

May 4, 2019
Aberdeenshire
Yup have always carried a spare for my Kona, and now carry a Focus ebike one on rides.
A few months ago was out on my wife’s Jam² and the rear mech got munched in spokes and tore off hanger. I hadn’t never realised then bolt holding mech on had worked loose And it swung Into spokes when I landed a jump..
Fixed it and got spare hanger, and soon after got myself a Sam² to avoid trashing her bike again :)