How many % discount you had when you bought your eMTB?

kcstatz

Mar 7, 2022
Canyon Lake, California
About 10% for a "return".
Walked in to our local Giant dealer and saw my dream bike, 2022 Trance X Advanced E+2, with a sticker of $7000. We have 9.25% tax so that would have been $7640. I inspected it, rode it, inspected and rode it again - perfect ride. I was told it was a "return" because the owner had wanted to SIZE UP to an XL. I left the shop paying $6800 out the door.

May 4, 2018
Canberra
It's time now for me to buy a new ebike. I was chatting with a friend this afternoon and he get a solid -10% on his brand new Specialized Turbi Levo Alloy Comp
(so 670$ discouinted on a brand new 6750$ bike). Quite a great deal in my opinion! (Spoiler: he told me he know pretty well the LBS)

So, please let us know which brand/model and how many % you had when you bought your ebike. I'm interesting to see what you get guys!

Have a nice day!

REMINDER: i'm a froggy and English is not my main language ;)
In Australia most brands / bike stores drop their prices at end of year to get rid of old stock. Every of my new bikes (4 of) has been purchased this way. My 2019 focus jam2 was selling for $9000 aus only afew months earleir and i got it for $6500 just before end of year. ... so 30% off. Other bikes ranged from 20% to 30% saving. Downside is you get a model that is just about to get superceded.

Not sure if Europe does this but def a way to save money here.

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Here i am just going to express my opinion.
Your question is irrelevant.
In july 2020 i bought a Giant/Yamaha Stance E+. Without a car i rode it daily rain, snow, whatever.
11 months later i sold it 3,800$ and i paid 4,000$ so for 200$ and a tiny bit of maintenance i had close
to 330 days on a fun reliable Ebike. I am in Quebec so je parle francais.
I replaced it with a 2021 and i ordered a 2022. Since riders have to wait up to 16 months for a bike
i can resale at a big price so paying retail is no problem.
This might be my last year maybe the market will evolve.
It all depends where we live and being smart.
Sell the months when demand is high and do receive a bike before selling one.
Specialized are over priced so there was no discount.

ajbalfe

Sep 24, 2020
Wicklow, Ireland
Your best option is to go second hand. Some bikes with only a hundred or so miles and less than a year old going for 40% or more off new price.
Agree, go second hand and specialized specifically allow for warranty to transfer. Pinkbike is a good plce to look. Alway plenty of people that buy expensive bikes and then don't ride that for a month and sell them on.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Your answers is quite interesting. @ajbalfe : you suggest me to have a look on second hand bike. I agree. But Pinkbike is not the best place to look for bike where I live, in the country of frog eaters. troc-velo, or Leboncoin are the main place. And like my dear cousin du Quebec tell us, demand is high, so price when resale it are quite high, too.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
If you can get one, go Vitus. Prices are very reasonable (compared to other eMTBs) and specs are great. Check out the 2022 range, just released.

greengenes

Jan 14, 2021
uk
Ive ordered a Levo comp from the LBS. Zero discount. And I didn't expect to get a discount. The shop knows there is a queue of potential buyers standing behind me willing to pay the asking price.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Much to my surprise got 10% for paying cash rather than finance on my Cube in 2019. Got 0% interest credit card instead. Then in October got 10% on an Orbea Rise from another LBS. Both times, demand was out stripping supply.
Ordered a motorhome last year and they also knocked the price down £3k, they are also in very short supply. Always worth asking especially if they offer finance and you don't need it

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
I purchased a 2018 Kenevo expert in Dec18, from Leisure Lakes Bury, rrp was £5500, but on the ticket it was £4400, @ 6 months 0% !
I asked the sales guy “you do better than 6 months 0%”!!
He said “let’s go to the till and see what we can work out”!
Walked out with the bike with 50% deposit paid & 12 months 0% !!
Happy days, not such luck with my 2020 Trek Rail 7, full price, but got a free fancy helmet, which went on eBay to fund some pedals 👍

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
No discount, I think I even paid a surplus.
Sure it was minimum 80euro more than in other shops, but then I received a gift voucher for accessoires,...

But I really didn't care.
The bike was there, the day I suddenly wanted it, in a shop close to where I live.

Last edited:

Bob88

Jul 29, 2022
Hampshire
Got a huge discount on a 2020 Cube 140 at £3300 in December 2019. Battery still as good today. If I ever have to replace it, will go second hand 100%

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
As long as you aren't too bothered about warranty; there's far too many brands out there with either non-transferrable warranties or reduced cover for second owners.

There’s a few ways around that in some circumstances, for example if you’re the second owner of an eBike you bought from a friend that was the original owner.

Just get the warranty work done under their name.

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
I got 10% on an H30 rise, which I didn’t even ask for. I think it was because the shop owner knew I was disappointing not to be able to get an H15 and the discount was a sweetener to seal the deal. Where I live in Switzerland we also get a subsidy for about £550 so in the end the bike was about 20% off, which has got to be a good deal in these times of limited suppl.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Mine was $800 off MRSP at the local LBS for my Alloy Comp, with free tubeless install too. Discount off a new helmet and pedals at time of purchase. I figured it was the best deal I would see on any new eMTB at the time.

pxpaulx

Aug 2, 2022
Minnesota
Picked up a new 2020 BH Bikes ATOMX Carbon Lynx 6 Pro-S from a US dealer that imported them (BH left the market with the 2018 model year) for probably half the cost new (retail $7K Euro bike) - $3600 shipped to my door. Unfortunately sidelined with covid but finally starting to feel better and anxious to get out on it! Limited warranty basically to this season, but I've had a few Brose powered and BH bikes and am not terribly concerned with build quality.

Last edited:

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Picked up a 2021 Rail 9.8 XT for £6,499, list £7,299, so about 12% off. I was going to use 0% finance, but asked how much they could do it for if I paid cash instead. Both sides were happy!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ordered 2 x Orbea Rise from LBS last year

Paid a deposit based on 2021 full list price, price increases came in for 2022 models but LBS honoured the 2021 price

Also threw in a range extender, and got £100 of second one

Changed brakes to Magura, no cost for fitting, paid for brakes but cost offset on the original brakes which LBS will use for their stock

Invisframe fitted FOC, I just paid for the invisframe

Tubeless tyres fitted FOC, I supplied the tyres. Valves, sealant and rim tape supplied FOC

Dropper lever fitted FOC, I supplied the PNW lever and kept the original Shimano lever

Deals can be done , you just need to think outside the box

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Mine didn't have a box. Does that count?

2021 Jam2, list at the time £4699 I think. Paid £4000 with 140 on the clock & no warranty. Handy on the tools, so didn't bother me provided the motor kept its shit together. Just ticked over 1000 miles. So far, so good. Thrown a bunch of money at upgrades & maintenance although, stripping stuff down & fixing it is my happy place, so never begudge it.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Got my haibike fullnine 10 2021 2 months ago seccond hand with 200 km on the clock, no scratches or any sign of warande use on it. Bike was just my size
Retail price of 6000 euro, paid 4300 euro's for it. Couldn't have bought a better bike for that money I think

HarryJune

Jun 18, 2021
Berkshire
I got £2,299 discount on my Cannondale Moterra in February 2021.
Bike already had £600 off, so in total £2,899 discount.
Company first sent out wrong size bike ( Trek) and when I asked for the smaller size said they
were no longer available.
Happy days.

Last edited:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
£100 off 2022 cube 160 action team.
Considering discounts and deals seem non existent and it was a long wait to get hold of one I was happy with that 😁

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
Turbo Levo Comp Alloy 10% off (+ extra at checkout - Spring discount 👍)
IBKBike.uk - UK taxes paid from Spain - Top Deal 🤗

Also have an EU € Site at IBKBike.com

Last edited:

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
Had reserved cube pro 625 since January this year for around 3k euros, but after delays upon delays the shop offered me 10% off on the exc 750 version instead (so around 3,3k). 15% if it was cash only, but I couldn't do it at the time. A good deal in my opinion as the bike has newer kiox 300 system and better components. Only that mellow green color is not really my favourite....

Desert_Turtle

Mar 1, 2022
Palmdale, CA
Up until a few months ago I couldn’t get a cent off anything. A couple of places would cut me a deal if I paid in cash but that was rare. 2 or 3 months ago that changed. Specialized dealers, for example, are flush with bikes. There are deals to be had now. Even the prices of used bikes have softened. With the inflation that’s affecting people world wide people have less money to spend and since interest rates are increasing as well people are not borrowing as much either. Manufacturers will have no choice but to lower prices soon or they won’t be able to sell much of anything. I buy a bike every few months, at least I use to, and just recently I was able to get a great deal on a 22 Rail 9.8 and a Fuel EXe. Because all of the economic uncertainty that’s coming I don’t plan on buying another bike till next summer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles