How i came to decide on not so new that no one wants to know.

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Decent spec emtbs are hard to find when buying second hand. It's hard enough finding one when buying new as they seem to sell out so quick. Don't know what's up with these manufacturers not supplying enough when there is a big demand now. The only supplier that seems to have a good stock of bikes in all sizes is Trek. The likes of Cube, Focus, Vitus all seem to sell out so quick, it's like having to wait for the 2020 bikes already.

dirt huffer

E*POWAH Master
Dec 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Decent spec emtbs are hard to find when buying second hand. It's hard enough finding one when buying new as they seem to sell out so quick. Don't know what's up with these manufacturers not supplying enough when there is a big demand now. The only supplier that seems to have a good stock of bikes in all sizes is Trek. The likes of Cube, Focus, Vitus all seem to sell out so quick, it's like having to wait for the 2020 bikes already.

Demand has been even more than anticipated - which is a good thing that sales are picking up...
Check out the second hand section on Commencal's webpage. Hard to beat their spec's if you cant get your mitt's on a Vitus or don't want to deal with Canyon's customer service

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
Demand has been even more than anticipated - which is a good thing that sales are picking up...
Check out the second hand section on Commencal's webpage. Hard to beat their spec's if you cant get your mitt's on a Vitus or don't want to deal with Canyon's customer service
Commencal only do my size (5ft7) in the top spec power race but 5k plus is out of my budget. 4.5k max is my spend but can't even throw it at a bike shop at the moment.

Rob Back

Patreon
Jan 20, 2019
Southampton
The cassette, mech and chain for my Levo was £220. I hope I don’t need a new motor anytime soon that’s for sure but it was changed out last Oct.

I would love a Kenevo but just holding out for the 2019 to see what that’s like, as well as every other bike that seems to be dropping this summer ?

Let us know how you get on Rob.
found this little diamond, brand new, for less money than the kenevo

IMG_1059.JPG

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Commencal only do my size (5ft7) in the top spec power race but 5k plus is out of my budget. 4.5k max is my spend but can't even throw it at a l bike shop at the moment.
Do you mean they have sold out of mediums in all other models

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I'm size small. Only the top spec has my size.
Well Iam 5’8 and I sometimes wonder if the medium is a bit tight for me , I have the seat pushed well back and often think reach isn’t the longest it’s not the biggest medium I have ridden .
Unless you prefer your bike on the small side I would have thought the medium would be fine , you have the option to shorten stem .

Dukeinlondon

Apr 9, 2018
South West London
The Shimano is very good for low drag, the Steps E8000 I test rode was "off" for the first 200 yards before I realised. The Brose is good too. There will be others that are low/no drag too.
I second that, although there is a bit of drag, it's been hard to notice on my first ride on the bike. I did a good 30 min before I found strange that my unfit buddy could leave me behind on slight climbs. Even my wife inadvertently rode with the motor off without complaints.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles