How far is your nearest trail ?

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
About 10 minutes drive. I have about 8-10 trails within 30 min of driving, very convenience.
I live on east side on LA.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Lol, you do talk rubbish sometimes ?
20190701_130048.jpg

what was I thinking saying something so absurd to a group of lazy e bikers, eh?
where do you live Paul?
Hey, I brought a shovel!

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I’ll never get out and explore all the trails in the area, there are just too many. Did a few a while back riding from the Steve Irwin to Woodford return which was about 65km. There’s some great stuff just south west of Peachester. I have only done group rides out in the area so don’t really know it all too well.
The best single trail is in the boneyards however,.. a place I know well.

Is the Boneyards on the corner of Steve Irwin Way and the Bruce Highway?
Been riding quite a bit in there and there are some great tracks that have been made.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
500m to nearest fire road but to the actual single track trail, 2.5ks to bunyaville and 7ks to ironbark gully and 13ks to gap creek.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
5 metres from the back of the shed to where the single track starts into the Glasshouse Mts. A forestry worker once told me that there are around 5,000km of tracks through the forestry and then there are the National Parks tracks on top of that. Have to share with MX bikes and 4WDs but still spoiled really.

Must be an Australian thing. Across the road from the tip of my block is single line - originally cut by motorbike riders but still good for a few months riding if you get lost....

66858F23-02B9-487C-96F0-F381B3D2FB8B.jpeg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Is the Boneyards on the corner of Steve Irwin Way and the Bruce Highway?
Been riding quite a bit in there and there are some great tracks that have been made.
Yeah, near the Caloundra turnoff. There are at least 12 sections of single trail and some of it’s fairly steep. Has been very wet in there of late.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I guess it depends on what you mean by Trail. I live next to a river, so I can drive down the driveway and turn left onto a gravel road that follows the river. But it is flat as sh!t. Some cool single trais though. If I want any decent climbsIi have to jump in the car. Though an hours drive gets me to the foothills of the alps. Or 30 minutes gets me to the Isar Trails which are the second longest single trails in Germany at about 40 KM.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Live some 200 meters from a natural reserve filled with trails. Not a huge amount of climbs or descent though. For more gravity oriented riding I need to jump in the car for a 20 minute drive.

Live south of Sockholm, Sweden.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
About 20-25 minute drive in several directions can put me on desert trails around Phoenix metro.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
A lot of people seem to have a decent ride on there doorstep, given the chance or the means I would pack up and live in the middle of no where tomorrow. Roll on some dry weather so I can investigate some of the local - ish unreachable trails.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
given the chance or the means I would pack up and live in the middle of no where tomorrow
I've found my perfect house. It's right at the top of Dowies and even has a 1 bedroom annex that could sleep 4 for airb'n'b purposes. It is unfortunately about twice what my hovel is worth.

Edit: technically, my perfect house would be a chalet in the alps, but I'm not a member of the royal family so can't stretch to £13,000,000...

imitsus

Feb 14, 2020
Greece
Mad really ?
Well, I am close enough to the mountain, 15km. But I am the only one biker and I have to go and dig and clean the trails. Trails that I have built.... I too feel mad many times. My wife says I really am. I don't know where I find the courage to do it. Sometimes I feel crazy. And trails are not bike friendly. You know they are rough natural. Anyway...

pmcdonald

Oct 22, 2021
NSW, Australia
Great thread. Interesting to read many here have good trails nearby.

Ive got a dozen terrific maintained tracks 4km away in one direction, and another half dozen scrappy unsanctioned trails 4km in the other direction so can't grumble. The ride to and from reminds me what squeaks and rattles I need to chase down.

Awaba and Ourimbah 1 hr south - stalking grounds of EWS- and deadset-allround champ Jack Moir, and Dungog 1 hr north, if I can be bothered loading the bike into the boot.

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
There’s a trail at my fence-line in the backyard which leads to more trails, which leads to even more trails, which leads to the real trails (4minutes away). Sadly we’re losing a few popular trails due to progress. The boundary of the Provincial Park will stop the residential development but the amount of users is starting to pickup. I think we can expect some sort of further regulation to try and keep everyone happy. I’ll enjoy it while I can.

Quake100

Feb 6, 2022
Guisborough UK
Lots of lucky people on here who live close to trails
I am Guisborough, North yorks. UK and 1 km from the relatively famous Guisborough Woods and the expanse of the North York Moors, some hard riding to get to the top but once up there its jackpot time

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
35 miles to Coed y Brenin. There is the double black downhill at Nant Gwrtheyrn that’s nearer, but I’d die doing that 🤣

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Haha me too! Makes you a bit lazy for taking a trip out. I always think its about 3 hours riding time wasted going elsewhere!
It's never wasted time if it means you don't have to ride at Cannock! :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles