How far is your nearest trail ?

Dr.GonzO

Aug 24, 2021
Netherlands
2 minutes ebike ride to enter a 40km. singletrail ride if you know al the trails around here (riding here for over 30 years) or 100km (1 hour ride) with the car to different places around here with some nice relative short descends (230 hight meters max.)

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Probably about 2 miles up a darn big hill in one direction:
Or 5.5 mile the other way, on flat bike-lane stuff through two long old railway tunnels:

That all looks familiar. That's one of our long routes we do in the summer. We're in BoA so we go out through Bathford and home through the two tunnels. Or vice versa. It's nice to stop off at the beach on the way back.

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
How long is a piece of string. Because I move about a lot with work and time out, it all depends where I am. That’s why every now and then I will post up on here for riders in the area to join for ride outs. At the moment I am in Minehead and have found some trails up in the woods and some bridle paths with some good climbs and some good downhills. At the beginning of March I will be on the Gower in South Wales so will be trying to get to Bike park Wales as much as I can on my days off so hopefully will be meeting up with some guys up there. (y)

Alexbn921

Sep 27, 2021
East Bay CA
Why would you live in a place without trails if mountain biking is what you love to do. I'm about 1.5 miles from the nearest park and 10 miles from 4 others.
How close are we to a park was one of my top priority's in buying a house.

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Having got back into it last August and getting an e-mtb about a month ago I sling the bike In the back of the car for a lunch break ride 40 miles away near Bodmin ( UK), once a week. 2 dedicated trail sites, Lanhydrock and Cardinham. Ideal for what used to be an hour's ride, more like 35 - 40 mins with the e-mtb. Enough fun to keep me ticking over til dry months and school hols when I'm hoping to hit Welsh hills for a week or two.
.....and once a week I get out on the manual road bike for fitness purposes.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
I have to cross the road, and maybe do a few minutes on gravel paths first. Depends what direction I'm going.
Now during winter and lots of snow, I prefer to drive 10 minutes across the valley to an area free of xc skiing tracks. This area is used by bikers and people walking on foot, so it evolves into hard packed single tracks. It gets super fast and perfect for ebike

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
I live on the south coast of the UK and it's not too bad. It's 5 minutes cycling to get to the south downs and I'm within reach of Steyning, Wild Park and Stanmer for local stuff, plus the south downs themselves for some xc... Takes about 20 minutes to get here after I've put the kids to bed!
IMG_20210504_210153 (1).jpg

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
I have a trail head 100 yards from my front door to Mission Trails Regional Park in San Diego, one of the largest urban open space parks in the US. San Diego County in general is a mountain biking paradise, I feel lucky.

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
I live on the south coast of the UK and it's not too bad. It's 5 minutes cycling to get to the south downs and I'm within reach of Steyning, Wild Park and Stanmer for local stuff, plus the south downs themselves for some xc... Takes about 20 minutes to get here after I've put the kids to bed!
View attachment 81695
Nice location. A bit different conditions here😬

D626CB33-4957-493B-B283-BAFA61EF59CA.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
5 minutes riding gets me onto singletrack ..10 minutes more into Europe's largest man made forest ( 250 Square miles) ..its a 20 minute car ride up to the purpose built mtb trail network at Kielder ( 100 miles + of purpose built trail) ..however I do like a road trip and living in North West Northumberland the North Pennines , Cheviot Hills, Lakes & Scottish Borders are at most a couple of hours away ..total utopia 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles