How does your decoy hold up with crashes?

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada
Hey everyone, curious how the decoy holds up to crashes? Obviously every crash is different and I’m no stranger to it after 25 years of racing motocross at a semi pro level, but I’m looking to buy a decoy and was wondering how they handle a hard crash.

my concern pertains mostly to motor and crank

marcellistudios

Aug 3, 2020
Canada
Ya eh? I guess I’m thinking what the shock from a blow to a pedal or to the crank would to to the motor. But I assume the motor is solid mounted to the frame to handle that kind of blow.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
After switching to high setting and increased fork travel no more pedal strikes. That indeed sucked monkey balls all those pedal strikes. Although my wife is still in the low setting and she never strikes a pedal. Must be paying attention more than I did :)

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
I’ve had one high speed crash and and just noticed today that the block lock for the headset is no longer centered. I need to pull the fork and look to see which side of the lock block has slipped. Hoping I can sort it myself, but no telling.

Not a major issue, but I do have crashes from time to time and hoping this is not going to continue, espically if I’m going to need to buy tools in order to pull and then re-press the component that slipped.

Rest of the bike is totally fine other than typical rash that can come from a high Impact crash.

His_Turdness

Nov 12, 2020
Finland
My bike has a taped up crack on the battery cover. Previous owner probably crashed it, or pulled on the cover when it was super cold outside. I haven't crashed hard, yet, but I've had a lot of pedal strikes on rocks and roots. Seems to have no issues.

After switching to high setting and increased fork travel no more pedal strikes. That indeed sucked monkey balls all those pedal strikes. Although my wife is still in the low setting and she never strikes a pedal. Must be paying attention more than I did :)

Totally forgot about the flip chip! Gotta give that a try. Based on the geometry of the bike, a bigger rear shock shouldn't affect this, should it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles