How do you wash your Levo / Kenevo?

Paceman

Jul 8, 2019
Brighton
How do you wash your Levo / Kenevo?
It gets pretty muddy round our way, and sticky mud too. Gentle hose-down ok? Bike upside down also ok?... that motor cover looks pretty exposed upside down (2019 Levo).
Thanks.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
After a muddy ride I carefully hose off most of it without aiming directly for the motor area. Then I let it dry and drain upright for a couple of hours. This usually leaves a dirty film, so I give it a spray of Dirt Juice, a wipe down with an old t shirt or towel and then a spray of Frame Juice. Quick lube of the chain and its all done.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Portable washer, car wash or garden hose. Obviously not directly into motor and let dry completely for a few hours or overnight before charging or any electrical activity. Never had an issue in the last year!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use a bike stand. Spray all over with MucOff ...agitate with a bike brush paying particular attention to pivot points seat post seal suspension seals etc....using a toothbrush... then rinse with sponge and fresh warm water. Wipe dry then wipe over with Gt40. Degrease chain derailleur sprockets and chain wheel.Then lube. Battery in and connector connected.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I've got a Work HydroShot battery powered jet wash - it only goes up to 22bar, will that be safe enough to use on an emtb?
I would avoid any jet wash...not just because of the electrics but also all the bearing seals.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
no water period, let dry, brush off dirt with vacuum attachment, wipe clean with matte cleaner
drivetrain- i use a spray degreaser with brush mechanism followed by wax. Spray degreaser in deralieur pivots followed by dry lube and occasional grease

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles