How clean is your bike

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Quick wash n polish after a ripp in warncliff woods ?

FAB7B266-2181-4584-9DF0-9C419D23869A.jpeg

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
good standards there sir, i have the identical bike and whilst its normally as clean as yours i have stayed away from washing it as its been pretty dry for my last few rides. i think you have inspired me and given me a task for tomorrow.
Good lad a good clean looking bike is a good clean ride ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
After seeing pictures of what Rob Hancill did to the bike I sold him, I bought a can of it and it works! The bike looked like it had just come from the showroom after a TV shoot!

Muc-Off Silicone Shine. (FFS! keep it off your brakes, grips, saddle and tyre tread!)

It not only made the bike gleam it left it so slippy that dust just floats off. Mud too is supposed to find the paintwork less attractive, but I have yet to test that. It is recommended on the stanchions and it does seem to do the job in that they certainly feel slippy. The other thing it does is make the tyre walls gleam like after that stuff they paint on in hand car washes. The unexpected thing was the rims. They used to be satin black and they had become a murky and streaky dark grey. They are now satin black again! I like it! :)

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
After seeing pictures of what Rob Hancill did to the bike I sold him, I bought a can of it and it works! The bike looked like it had just come from the showroom after a TV shoot!

Muc-Off Silicone Shine. (FFS! keep it off your brakes, grips, saddle and tyre tread!)

It not only made the bike gleam it left it so slippy that dust just floats off. Mud too is supposed to find the paintwork less attractive, but I have yet to test that. It is recommended on the stanchions and it does seem to do the job in that they certainly feel slippy. The other thing it does is make the tyre walls gleam like after that stuff they paint on in hand car washes. The unexpected thing was the rims. They used to be satin black and they had become a murky and streaky dark grey. They are now satin black again! I like it! :)

Ah was tempted by that. Been using GT-85 can get from halfords, and its really good too. Everything seems to just fall off the bike with it, its like it leaves a protective film. Like above though do not get it on the brakes as yourll have squeeky brakes for a while till you can burn it off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles