Hope 155mm Cranks

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Not ridden them and can see how ground clearance will be better but may be an issue with descending stability since your feet will be closer together.
Not an ebike, but Pinkbike designed an out there bike called the Grim Donut based on what all the nutters on their forum were asking for. It had a really low bottom bracket and they tried different length cranks tosolve pedal strikes. From what I remember they said anything under 160mm felt wrong.It’s talked about in one of the later videos, but not sure which one. All the Grim Donut videos are worth a watch though.

nathdogg

Feb 2, 2021
norwich
I have them. I dont notice them at all when I'm riding so I guess they must be doing something right. They feel more nimble if anything . I got them mainly to stop pedal strikes, which have become less frequent.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
first ride on the hope 155mm today. Definite benefits from my perspective. only one pedal strike going round cwmcarn where I usuall have quite a few.
Didn't notice any instability. Note I am not a jumper.

Was hard getting the old cranks off. Long bar and lots of muscle.
The orange coloured cranks are more golden. Don't match my burnt orange E160.

nathdogg

Feb 2, 2021
norwich
thats good tp know. i too can only see the benefits of these cranks.
A friend of mine who runs 165 mm on his Haibike was very impressed with the lack of pedal strikes when he rode mine the other day

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
Without wishing to be The Thread Resurrector, I recently fitted Hope 155mm cranks to my E-160 S and they have pretty well solved the pedal strike problem without throwing up any other issues. Great if I’m solving a problem that didn’t exist for you, but…

97A81C9C-4FD7-4717-9127-1E5FB88AC705.jpeg

25046EE5-7163-4BF3-B6F5-F7F740A7ECCB.jpeg

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Yeah, despite my earlier reservations in the thread, I’ve also recently fitted them.
Good deal from Sprockets combined with my NHS Covid bonus:LOL:

Still had a couple of pedal strikes at Tweedlove but much improved.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles