Honest question - what do you think it’s worth.

What do you think it’s worth

• Total voters

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
fellow Emtbers, I’m really interested in your opinion on what my Orb is worth, the details of which are in the link, but in summary.

orbea Wild FS M-Team with 447 miles bought late last year, size large. Cost new £7800

I’m curious as to why it’s getting no enquiries. So what’s it worth.

just a bit of market researc.

8021A01A-B383-4D4C-97F6-73DE61636E29.jpeg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
fellow Emtbers, I’m really interested in your opinion on what my Orb is worth, the details of which are in the link, but in summary.

orbea Wild FS M-Team with 447 miles bought late last year, size large. Cost new £7800

I’m curious as to why it’s getting no enquiries. So what’s it worth.

just a bit of market researc.

View attachment 87722

its only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it !!!!

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I’ve never bought, or sold, a used eMTB. I’d probably be worried about the history. A battery or motor can be expensive.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It looks to be in fairly decent condition but being realistic it's a used Emtb with a worn drivetrain in a hideous colour with no warranty and was never great value at full RRP.
It's always amazed me the prices folk expect for their used stuff in the classifieds here.

Have you tried selling it in Surrey?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Has the used market gone quieter now? Mate has a bike for sale (not e-mtb) and isn't getting any interest either.

FWIW I quite like the colour but it could be described as a bit marmite... 🤔

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
It looks to be in fairly decent condition but being realistic it's a used Emtb with a worn drivetrain in a hideous colour with no warranty and was never great value at full RRP.
It's always amazed me the prices folk expect for their used stuff in the classifieds here.

Have you tried selling it in Surrey?
That’s why I’ve put the poll out. Not sure how to price it. Colour though is subjective. 👊🏻

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Selling any product is not just a matter of making it available through some form of advertising!! You have to "sell" it!!
That means "selling" the benefits of the bike, and dealing with potential objections.

I have no interest in the bike and dont rate Orbea bikes, but if I did, the following would be going through my mind:-

Are you the original owner.........do you have the original purchase receipt, was it bought on a finance deal
Where was it bought from
Is there any warranty
Does the bike have any faults
what maintenance has been done on the bike
have there been any problems with the bike
how is it stored
what is the bike good at
Has any of the drivetrain been changed
What size rider would it suit ( your size/how do you find the fit)
Can you deliver
Why are you selling it ( your "hurty Knee" comment does not cut it.........a leg amputation would be more convincing :LOL:)

Price: £6k is alot of money for anyone to find and buying secondhand there is no % finance option, so there has to be a lot of justification for that high a price..........what you paid is not really relevant..........what is relevant is the value offered to a potential buyer. You can partly justify a relatively high price by explaining the premium components the bike has.................. provided you explain what benefits they bring. Even so the £6k price tag is too high to be attractive.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Feels like this is where it’s heading, no mater how high end the spec is…🤦‍♂️
things are getting back to pre pandemic prices, not sure even why as there is still a shortage of bikes.
pre pandemic (just) I sold a 6k carbon levo for 3.5, it was 6 months old.
just hang on to it, ride the thing half to death and it will still be worth the same

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Think you’re right, top advise.
it's a sick bike too, I really like it.. not sure why you were changing it but I really considered one of these when I bought my levo.. love the colour, the spec is great too, whats not to like?
I only sold my last bike because i bought (just) the wrong size. as much as I would like to get a new bike now, theres not much groundbreaking stuff out there atm.. its all much of a muchness and not very exciting so I'm hanging onto mine in the same way.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
it's a sick bike too, I really like it.. not sure why you were changing it but I really considered one of these when I bought my levo.. love the colour, the spec is great too, whats not to like?
I only sold my last bike because i bought (just) the wrong size. as much as I would like to get a new bike now, theres not much groundbreaking stuff out there atm.. its all much of a muchness and not very exciting so I'm hanging onto mine in the same way.
The only reason I’m selling is I’m lucky enough to have two bikes and as I’ve torn my meniscus in my knee the season is over till next year, so I’m selling at least one of them. I have been genuinely surprised at the lack of interest in the bikes. And pricing them is a nightmare. You’re right about there not being any ground braking bikes comming out. I also think the industry should adopt the Specialized model and allow warranties to be transferred, this would make for a vibrant 2nd hand marked.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
things are getting back to pre pandemic prices
No they're not. And they never will.
not sure even why as there is still a shortage of bikes.
The shortage of bikes is still partly due to the absolutely massive shortfalls in parts and components available across the entire industry. Nevermind frame manufacturers/factories being behind due to increased sales/fewer materials.
This will take a few years yet to stabilise.

Folk do seem to have calmed down buying S/H though. Now folk are actually working again. (or newly unemployed)

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
No they're not. And they never will.

The shortage of bikes is still partly due to the absolutely massive shortfalls in parts and components available across the entire industry. Nevermind frame manufacturers/factories being behind due to increased sales/fewer materials.
This will take a few years yet to stabilise.

Folk do seem to have calmed down buying S/H though. Now folk are actually working again. (or newly unemployed)
Gary I agree, the delays in ordering new bikes is supply chain issues and in some cases raw material. Cube for example are delaying the delivery of their bike almost every week. The one thing I don’t like is from time to they crease the price due to inflation. So you have a bike on order from say last September, they can’t deliver it till this September and increase the price by £300. Cheeky. I think the Second hand market is healthy under the £4K tide mark. And the transferable warranty or lack of it from Bosch is a pain.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Non transferable warranty. Right or wrong is and always has been the norm.
The price increases you're quoting aren't lining shops or manufacturers pockets. Trust me it's just as painful for them.

mike425

Jan 9, 2020
Sheffield
I recently toyed with the idea of buying a used bike, so have been watching the classifieds for at least 3 months. I would say 90% of the bikes advertised when I started looking are still for sale today.......

I just sold my used Vitus, got £2200 for it and that took quite a bit of effort.

As has been said, the warranty situation doesnt help with ebikes, if the warranty was transferable across the motor and frame I think the used market would be stronger.

I think the easiest presumption to make with most emtb's is that if you need to sell it, expect to lose at least 50%. I think the main exception to this seems to be specialized, but their warranty offer looks to be the best out there

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles