Hindhead.... I've never been...are any trails open?

StevoKickstart

Nov 12, 2018
West Sussex, England
Hi,
I live about 40 mins from Hindhead and I've never been on the trails there (almost always riding at Peaslake). I heard that a while ago the trails were closed/ flattened off?
Can anyone update as to whether mtb'ers are back riding there and if yes, where would I park the car and ride please

Many thanks
Steve

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Hi I live 5 miles from there some are open. I have only found a few pretty short , but I find peas lake and Swinley forest better. But if anyone lets me know where to look happily try them out

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
The trails by the temple seem to be open and flowing ok at the mo 👍

Think people are weary of the actual locations being made public but theyre easy enough to find. You can stitch together a few to make a 1.5-2min run but not as long as the Barrys/Supernovas at Peaslake.

Maybe we could do a group ride there?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am over around Churt/Thursley area a lot for work at the moment and from the surrounding woods and terrain I can’t believe there aren’t a load of trail hidden around the area, especially as Brendon lives there.

Anyone have any pointers?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I am over around Churt/Thursley area a lot for work at the moment and from the surrounding woods and terrain I can’t believe there aren’t a load of trail hidden around the area, especially as Brendon lives there.

Anyone have any pointers?

There’s a few but its quite flat in comparison to Hindhead etc. Check out the Strava Global Heatmap around the Binstead Road area/Straits Inclosure 👍

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Been around the devils Punchbowl a few times. Nice scenery. Very sandy, got a wheel swallowed up in sand once. Very strange geology there

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
There’s a few but its quite flat in comparison to Hindhead etc. Check out the Strava Global Heatmap around the Binstead Road area/Straits Inclosure 👍
I drive pass this car park and there always seem to be some mountain bikers there, but yes elevation isn't the greatest.

Screenshot 2021-11-27 at 09.09.17.png

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
I drive pass this car park and there always seem to be some mountain bikers there, but yes elevation isn't the greatest.

View attachment 76871

My parents live on Churt Road between Churt and Headley. I used to ride up near The Sculpture Park just off Jumps Road but not on mtb trails (early 90s). More just going up to the top of the hill for shits and giggles and a ciggy. I do remember the slight descent from Jumps Road to Devils jumps as a fun few seconds but this was 30 odd years ago so no idea nowadays. Some of Brendogs vids during lock down are around the area but not sure exactly where.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles