Hi, Newbie from Dorset UK

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Hi Dave

You are in great company w/that LEVO. Certainly the most popular bike on these boards

Welcome / Cheers / Joe :coffee:

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Thanks for the welcome message. Just started a few modifications to my Levo, preparing for winter mud in the UK. Crud xl on the front and mudhugger on the rear. Now trying to make my own lower mudguard for the rear, to stop build up of dirt around motor housing.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
There's a recent Mudhugger review thread in the reviews section that discusses lower rear mudguard creations.

Doug_m

Jan 28, 2020
Aberdeenshire
I just fitted a front mud hugger guard back to front on the rear for exactly that reason. Been out once since fitting and seemed to do a pretty good job.
IMG_20200202_110423.jpg
IMG_20200202_110544.jpg

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Hi Dave,

not a levo, but I did rear Mudhugger on the rear to stop my dropper being covered and still got a lot of "Dorset" on the motor and bearings so added a from one in addition. I found the sand and gravel mixed with our clay to be particularly vicious. I had to give it a lot of thought as that section of the suspension changes angles and the guard moves between the chainstays. It also touches cables so I added protection in those parts. I tried the front large only but wanted seat post coverage so the rear was the only option. Hence then adding the small front below it.

Not pretty but as you can see after 15 miles of Wareham forest, most things pretty clean.

IMG_20191231_151120.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles