Hi from switzerland

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Hi
I'm new here.
I have read a lot from all your post. It's help me to understand a lot about emtb.
I have no bike anymore, my last mtb fell into a ravine some year ago... But without me :)

For now there is tree bike that have take my attention
- specialized turbo levo (the sl carbon is really to expensive)
- lapierre GLP II
- and the myterious forestal

For now i wait and continue to read. The issue with the levo make me thinking that's it's maybe not the best long term choice.
The GLP II it's pretty expensive and the bosh motor make some noise. But it's seem to be less prone to failure.
And for the forestal... will see.
There is not a lot information about it. But it's seem that the motor "EonDrive" will have 60NM for only 1.95kg, It's the same wheigt as the levo but much more powerfull. It's seem forestal go to the "hybrid" way...
aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5lbXRiLW5ld3MuZGUvdjMvMC8yNS8yNTcwOC1zNzMzczlzOGJlenktZm9yZXN0YWxfZW9uZHJpdmVfc25hcHNlZWQtb3JpZ2luYWwuanBn.jpg

For me an e mtb must be silent, as light as possible, the engine must supports a slow and high cadence of the pedals and must be reliable and solid.
I do not understand the alluring prices that I see. It is as expensive or even more than a new motorcycle but with much less technology.
So for now i dream a little bit to my futur emtb but i wait to fix my choice.

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Yes, but i want it next month... I know, i dream too much.

My last reflection is that only the levo sl a real mtb with motor assist. All are too heavy and not so playful as mtb.

But the sl is too expensive for me and maybe lack a little bit of power for this price. So my last hope is that forestal make my dream become real.

A playful mtb with silent motor that are reliable and solid at a reasonable price...

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
It’s will happen, i have no doubts. For me the real question is when?
At this time only specialized have a small motor designed to be small and light.
But now we see that a new one is coming, the eondrive from forestal.
And with the time more will come, no doubts.There is some good mtb between 2000 and 3000$, if you put 2000$ more for the motor and battery there is clearly a way to make an playful mtb at a descent price.

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Nice catch!
The price, the spec are better as the specialized :)
But no information if the battery are removable, if there will be bigger battery or the possibility to have a second one.
This is the seem to be my perfect bike, but the price, i not sure if this will be a good idee for me to take this financial risk.
Did we have to pay with credit card to have the bonus?... will see

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
  • Rahmenmaterial Carbon
  • Federweg 170 mm (vorne) / 170 mm (hinten)
  • Laufradgröße 29″
  • Besonderheiten Touchscreen-Display, eigenes Motor-System
  • Gewicht 17,4 kg (Größe M, Herstellerangabe)
  • Rahmengrößen S / M / L / XL
  • Motor Forestal EonDrive
  • Akkukapazität 350 Wh
  • Verfügbar ab sofort bestellbar
  • Preis 7.999 € (UVP)

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
CadreCadreForestal Alpha Box Carbon Enduro 29 "TR 170/170 mm débattement / 2,4 kg
Fourche DVO Onyx 29 ″ 170 mm
Amortisseur DVO Jade X Coil 230x65
Levier de vitesses SRAM GX Eagle
Dérailleur arrière SRAM GX Eagle
Cassette SRAM XG-1275 Eagle
Frein Magura MT7 / 203/180 mm
Roues Crankbrothers Synthesis E Carbon 29 ”Enduro
Pneu Panaracer Romero 29 x 2,4 HO 3 Comp.
Selle Fizik Monte Kium Enduro
Tige de selle Crankbrothers Highline 7
Guidon Forestal Oxydon C / 800 mm
Moteur Forestal Eon Drive Affichage
Tableau de bord intelligent Forestal
Batterie / capacité 350 Wh
Couple max. 60 Nm
Poids17,4 kg
Prix (RRP)7 999 €

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
It’s will happen, i have no doubts. For me the real question is when?
At this time only specialized have a small motor designed to be small and light.
But now we see that a new one is coming, the eondrive from forestal.
And with the time more will come, no doubts.There is some good mtb between 2000 and 3000$, if you put 2000$ more for the motor and battery there is clearly a way to make an playful mtb at a descent price.

Gruzzi! Just be aware that, generally speaking:

-No current electrical motor of these sizes and power output will be 'completely silent' when stressed.

-With Ebikes of higher value, additional weight is usually a result of tough quality components, a strong motor and a big battery. If a bike is really lightweight (like the SL) then in comparison it will likely have less tough components and a smaller battery. This has some disadvantages.

-A lighter motor means less power and assistance. If you are going up a very long and steep hill then this means that the battery may run out very quickly and the motor may not be able to give you the assistance you require.

Everything has pro's and cons and the 'strong and completely silent' technology you seem to be looking for is likely 5-10 years away. :)

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Your right...
The sound of the brose motor is ok for me. But this motor seem to have too much failure.
The sl motor lack a little bit of power.
When i see the spec of the forestal for me it's can be the perfect e-mtb. But we don't have all the information so i don't no, and it's not on the market for now (a couple of day to wait).

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Your right...
The sound of the brose motor is ok for me. But this motor seem to have too much failure.
The sl motor lack a little bit of power.
When i see the spec of the forestal for me it's can be the perfect e-mtb. But we don't have all the information so i don't no, and it's not on the market for now (a couple of day to wait).
How is the spec of the Forestal 'perfect' for you? Do you know what motor it has and how it performs (seems like it's their own motor)? Are you familiar with how good and how well performing the suspension fork (I have never seen that one mentioned in group tests or reviews) and other components are?

If I buy an Ebike or any other such product it is from an established brand with good and reputable quality components that have a good track record and support network. I always think it's better to not to take chances with something that I am going to be riding on at high speeds. :)

Last edited:

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Like specialized?
I see a bike that is only 17,4kg and don't cost 14.699 euro... only the half.
The motor have in theory twice the power.
The geometry and the component seem to be very nice.
Ok it's a new brand, there is some risk. But the risk can not be as big as buying a turbo levo.
The turbo levo is clearly one of my favorite bike, but too much problem. I don't like the shimano motor, so no YT for me.
The lapierre GLP II is really a nice bike but there is no option to buy it here in switzerland.
The Sl is far too expensive.
The other ebike are too heavy for my tast
So i look to forestal...

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Like specialized?
I see a bike that is only 17,4kg and don't cost 14.699 euro... only the half.
The motor have in theory twice the power.
The geometry and the component seem to be very nice.
Ok it's a new brand, there is some risk. But the risk can not be as big as buying a turbo levo.
The turbo levo is clearly one of my favorite bike, but too much problem. I don't like the shimano motor, so no YT for me.
The lapierre GLP II is really a nice bike but there is no option to buy it here in switzerland.
The Sl is far too expensive.
The other ebike are too heavy for my tast
So i look to forestal...

A 'Turbo Levo SL' does not cost 14700 so please stop exaggerating.

You can get a:

Turbo Level SL Comp for 6800chf Specialized 2020 Turbo Levo SL Comp E-MTB bei Rennshop.ch Rennshop Wüthrich Burgdorf
Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon for 9800chf Specialized 2020 Turbo Levo SL Expert Carbon E-MTB bei Rennshop.ch Rennshop Wüthrich Burgdorf

Only the top S-works model costs the ridiculous 15000chf... and who is forcing you to buy that? :rolleyes:

Of course the SL models are still not "cheap", but they are basically unique on the market and there is no way I would take MORE RISK by buying what is (to me, at least, because in all of my research I have never heard of them) an unknown brand bike with an unknown brand motor with an unknown brand battery and an unknown brand suspension fork. If you think spending 8000chf on an unknown, is less risk than 10000chf on what is known, then you are not speaking from a logical and common sense perspective. Specialized may have had motor problems but at least they have an excellent support network to resolve those issues.

Also be realistic... Bosch are one of the most amazing engineering companies in the world and their new Gen4 2020 motor is as small as they were able, with all of their significant expertise and resources, to make a motor with 75nm of power. If you think you are going to find something significantly smaller than this with the even a similar level of power or reliability then I think you are dreaming. Performance Line CX: the most sporty Bosch motor for eMTBs

There is nothing that currently compares to the Turbo SL and the frame is apparently amazing, so just buy the Comp model and enjoy it. :)

Last edited:

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Only the SWorks is really light... the comp is cheaper sur but the comp don’t have the most important part from the sl, the weight...

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
Only the SWorks is really light... the comp is cheaper sur but the comp don’t have the most important part from the sl, the weight...
Oh come on... The comp is only 11% heavier than the S-works (19.4KG vs 17.4KG). If you think that 2KG is worth an additional 9000chf when you have already spent your time complaining about the price then you maybe have your priorities a little wrong. It's still almost 5KG lighter than most e-bikes. Anyway, I shall leave you to your daydreaming. Good luck with your future purchase! :)

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
No i don’t think that 2kg is worth an additional 9000,- ... This is the main reason i will not buy a sl. And for 2 kg more there is the turbo levo with 90nm motor and bigger battery.
At the beginning i really want to buy a turbo levo. But i change my mind...
Yes the bosh motor is really good but Rob and and other reviewer have claim how loud it can be in downhill... But i never test it, only the turbo levo.
I take my time befor i make a purshase, it’s a lot of money. But this forum and other information help me a lot to have a big picture from this market.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Pity the main thread on the bike disappeared but I understand why.

However, the specs that were seen show a bike that seems a little too good to be true. I agree @EMTBehave, something has to give and if it’s lightweight that could be literally. It does state that the motor has magnesium and titanium involved so if they nail the design I could believe it being light. The power delivery and other qualities are as yet unproven. Also, dusty spanish trails don’t really prove to me it will last in the wet of regular Calder valley rides :)

All that said, I’m not being negative. If they deliver what they promise then this should shake things up a fair bit!

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Why has the main thread disappeared? Can you explain to me? I have done something wrong? Why an administrator don’t have send me a message to prevent me about this and give me some explanation?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Why has the main thread disappeared? Can you explain to me? I have done something wrong? Why an administrator don’t have send me a message to prevent me about this and give me some explanation?
Sorry - I deleted it as it’s not yet officially released ?

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Ok but why your just not move my thread, so we can discuss about the leaked information? We can not sharing leaking information on this forum?
For now what i see in this forum is absolutely no enjoy to a new brand that can bring something positive to the biker. I don’t understand... Where is the passion?
I suspect financial interest behind this.
But ok this is how this society work.
You can delete this threat too, i give leaked information that can compromise some specialized selling.
I have mining that the community will enjoy that things move and go forward for more fun.
But ok maybe Forestal are bad guys company and there have nothing to sell, and Cédric Garcia don’t really work for this company... ?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ok but why your just not move my thread, so we can discuss about the leaked information? We can not sharing leaking information on this forum?
For now what i see in this forum is absolutely no enjoy to a new brand that can bring something positive to the biker. I don’t understand... Where is the passion?
I suspect financial interest behind this.
But ok this is how this society work.
You can delete this threat too, i give leaked information that can compromise some specialized selling.
I have mining that the community will enjoy that things move and go forward for more fun.
But ok maybe Forestal are bad guys company and there have nothing to sell, and Cédric Garcia don’t really work for this company... ?

Forestal had emailed me and asked it to be removed as it was release by mistake. I know how much work these guys (bike companies) put into getting all this stuff ready to launch and it can ruin it for them when stuff is leaked early. That is all, nothing any more sinister or financial... I just think its the right thing to do :)

PS - won't be long at all until we can enjoy all the new info ;)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
The handling of the timing of the reveal is just a game. It’s up to them how they want to play it. I’m sure we can all wait :)

Needless to say they are definitely trying to release a bike that isn’t like everyone else. The Levo SL is possibly the closest.

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Ok thank's for the explanation Rob.
I will wait the official lunch.

PS: But there have really bad web developer, a leak as big as that is really bad... maybe i have to sell to this compagny my IT service :)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Ok thank's for the explanation Rob.
I will wait the official lunch.

PS: But there have really bad web developer, a leak as big as that is really bad... maybe i have to sell to this compagny my IT service :)
Yeah - not been the smoothest launch!

EMTBehave

Apr 7, 2019
CH
I know these are stressful times but try and relax a little.... :)

Forestal had emailed me and asked it to be removed as it was release by mistake. I know how much work these guys (bike companies) put into getting all this stuff ready to launch and it can ruin it for them when stuff is leaked early. That is all, nothing any more sinister or financial... I just think its the right thing to do :)

PS - won't be long at all until we can enjoy all the new info ;)

What are your thoughts about the bike so far (based on the wholly unsubstantiated rumours flying around of course)? :)

jempezen

Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Finally after a lot of time... I have take a Cube stereo 140 TM 750...
It's was not my first choice but life is all about compromise. I could have more for more money.
But at this time i think i could not have more with this price. This bike have good solid component and the small geometry change in 2022 with 750 battery model give me satisfaction. It climb crazy good, i feel it agile and i can go very fast in downhill with my skill limit but sure it will be limited for the bigger jump.
I would see if 140mm is enough but i don't ride from many years now and i think for the most time it will be ok.

It's not a lightweight bike i know but... compromise...

Thank you cube to keep the price at a decent level with good component with nothing to change to have a lot of fun.

IMG_2298_1200.jpg
IMG_2304_1200.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles