Hi from south of France

Cigales

May 19, 2022
France
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to build myself a new ebike based on the Cheeb (e10), thus here I am looking for answers.

This will be my second ebike. My original ebike was a diy hub motor emtb based on Magic Pie 3 hub motor, Infineon/Lyen 4110 40A controlleur, 91v (22s8p) 18650 homemade battery pack (not made by me) and finally a Cycle Analyst. Having a top speed of about 80+ Km/h, it just felt great riding on the road with cars. The distance capacity was pretty good to, I think aroud 50-60km at almost top speed, and 80-90+ Km when riding on bike trails at slow speed.

I built it in 2013 with two other friends. We built one bike each, all the same main components. My bike lasted until just a month ago, which is about 8years, when the battery pack just died on me.

So here I am looking to build a new bike. I was initially thinking of buying a ready made one, but the prices are just crazy. I also like building them as I become much more capable to diagnose and fix issues when they arrive. Not to mentions the specs seem shit for ready made bikes.

Best regards,

Cigales

May 19, 2022
France
I didn't make it road legal ;) , apart from lights and reflectors.
To make it a bike road legal with that amount of power , you need a specific permit. Not to mention insurrance.

As for the new one, if possible, I would like a throttle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles