Hi from newbie: Advice on Specialized Levo engine housing 'fix' please.

Kath Harpley

Apr 9, 2019
Whitby
Hi, not yet got my bike. Thinking of Specialized Levo Carbon. Just a tad worried about previous comments on the muck getting into motor housing. Specialized customer care says this is fixed with a foam insert. Sounds a bit bodgy to me. Any comments on the success rate of this 'fix' and whether the foam works.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I've had the foam insert put in and the case will be opened this week as it's not been put back together properly. It's not winter now and it's not been ridden as much so it's not a fair comparison, but I'll try get a picture anyway.

I wouldn't let it worry you personally.

Pendo

Jun 13, 2018
Australia
Looks like a dodgy fix to me - its meant to be a vent. Once the sponge is clogged with mud and sets, the vent will be compromised. I'd also worry about the cable mod, not flash.

Kath Harpley

Apr 9, 2019
Whitby
Got my new Levo which is a 2019 model. There is now another fix and a guard has been placed over the gap. So it seems my reservations have been addressed and hopefully this will solve the issue!!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Got my new Levo which is a 2019 model. There is now another fix and a guard has been placed over the gap. So it seems my reservations have been addressed and hopefully this will solve the issue!!

Photo's please

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles