Hi from Jersey

Wizwam

Jul 16, 2019
Jersey
Hi guys I’m Andy from Jersey (Channel Islands, UK). I recently bought myself a new Specialized Turbo Levo (2019 aluminium) which I’d been enjoying both on and off road... until today, when it stopped working. Ride to work this morning and it was fine. Got on it tonight to ride home and there was nothing, no power or signs of life. It’s only 3 months old and has pretty much only been ridden in the dry. Have charged it, removed and cleaned the battery and charging plug cover seems fine. No water or corrosion obvious. Any initial thoughts?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Hi guys I’m Andy from Jersey (Channel Islands, UK). I recently bought myself a new Specialized Turbo Levo (2019 aluminium) which I’d been enjoying both on and off road... until today, when it stopped working. Ride to work this morning and it was fine. Got on it tonight to ride home and there was nothing, no power or signs of life. It’s only 3 months old and has pretty much only been ridden in the dry. Have charged it, removed and cleaned the battery and charging plug cover seems fine. No water or corrosion obvious. Any initial thoughts?
Best guess is the so very famous power cable between battery and motor. It seems like almost every 2019 Levo sooner or later get killed by this very cable. Back to where you bought the bike unfortunately.

Karsten

Wizwam

Jul 16, 2019
Jersey
Hi Kirsten, I wasn’t aware these was such an issue affecting the 2019 bikes. I bought my bike from Rutland Cycles as an on line purchase (we couldn’t obtain them here in Jersey). Luckily a local bike shop has since taken on the Specialized eMTB franchise so looks like I’ll have to seek their help.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Hi!!! Is there much mtb'ing to be done in Jersey? We have family in Gorey and never would have thought to bring the bikes over with us when we visit

Wizwam

Jul 16, 2019
Jersey
Hi!!! Is there much mtb'ing to be done in Jersey? We have family in Gorey and never would have thought to bring the bikes over with us when we visit

The island is only 45 square miles, however we do have quite a few tracks, cliff paths and woodland areas. Much of it is shared with walkers & horses so we have to respect this “shared space”. Our rides are often a mixture of road and trail... it’s a great way to explore the island (maybe a pub lunch along the way). One of the local bike shops organisers evening ride outs in the summer months if your feeling fit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles