Hi From Dumfries

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
hi I'm john originally from west mids area and moved to border scotlnad 5 years ago . I have had many bikes in the past but never had a specialized and thought make it even more special-ized and buy an E-bike .

Bought my first ever e-bike nearly a week now and had a few short rides and one epic ride at Mabie forest where i live did just over 18 miles and 2400ft of climing in 1 hr 46 mins .

I'm very fortunate to live in an area where i can go to 3 trails within 15 & 25 mins ( Ae Forest ,Mabie Forest & Dalbeattie) of my home and then another 2 about 45 min drives (Newcastlton , Kirroughtree)

My bike is a Kenevo expert 2019 .

MY upgrade plans are numbered in order (i have already purchased frame/wheel decals and 2 x tyres)

1) Spare Battery (still searching like angel dust to find )
2) Battery Rucksack
3) 150mm Crank arms (searching cant seem to find any in stock )
4) Change Command post Wu to the Fox factory transfer post with a shim.

5) next year change the forks to Fox float 180 36's
6) Carbon wheels

I have ordered some fork decals , and frame decals nothing major over the top just to give it a nice look of red and gold . as bike will be complete once i get the tranfer post and forks .

the 2 tyres i have ordered are magic mary 2.6 .

and already put my 40mm renthal stem and 10mm rise bars .

maybe other want me to show them these trails on there e bikes , if so then im more than game to show you . can do 3 of the trails in a day if your fit enough and have spare batteries (my goal is to do all 3 on 2 batterys ) ( trails i mentioned at the begining of the post .

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
got 2 places where i can get a battery now .. its either local bike shop which is 60 mile round trip (motorway) or online for about £40 cheaper .

oh and need to get a higher rated spring for my weight .

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Welcome
I ride Ae, Kirroughtree,Glentrool and surrounding areas quite a bit as we have a holiday caravan in the area. Keep meaning to pop across to Mabe and Dalbeattie but not managed it yet. maybe this year

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
Great trails in your area, and you have got the right bike to exploit them. Rode Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree last summer for the first time in 13 years (Didn’t visit Mabie and Ae which I rode on the previous visit). Kirroughtree is my favourite, as it tests me so much, just nothing like it down here in Kent.

Simon

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Great trails in your area, and you have got the right bike to exploit them. Rode Dalbeattie and Kirroughtree last summer for the first time in 13 years (Didn’t visit Mabie and Ae which I rode on the previous visit). Kirroughtree is my favourite, as it tests me so much, just nothing like it down here in Kent.

Simon

Ae forest has the Dowbhill course too . Ae forest is good but some of the climbs are a balls ache .
if you ever want to do them again let me know and will take you round.

Did you go down the famous slab at dalbeattie ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi Killswitch.
I'm also in the south of Scotland, but the other side to you. been riding Ae since the DH track was first built in the 90s and have ridden all the trail centres over your way a fair bit too. You haven't mentioned Drumlanrigg (an absolute gem of a place to ride). I generally only head over Dumfies way when it stays light later (I'm not really a morning person) but would definitely be up for a ride at some point. If you're ever thinking of heading over to the Tweed Valley and want company (or a guide) message me. I'd be happy to show you around.
Cheers

Gary.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Hi Killswitch.
I'm also in the south of Scotland, but the other side to you. been riding Ae since the DH track was first built in the 90s and have ridden all the trail centres over your way a fair bit too. You haven't mentioned Drumlanrigg (an absolute gem of a place to ride). I generally only head over Dumfies way when it stays light later (I'm not really a morning person) but would definitely be up for a ride at some point. If you're ever thinking of heading over to the Tweed Valley and want company (or a guide) message me. I'd be happy to show you around.
Cheers

Gary.

I have not rode the castle yet . there is meant to me a lot of off piste there . i was going a few years ago but seen somewhere that they wasnt maintaning the trails there and was really grown over and even had trees blown down so i never bothered and never looked back into it .

I havent done glentress or inners either and thats on my to do list this summer for sure . so will hit you up pal .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles