Hi from cwmbran, cwmcarn is garden

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
need some upgrade advice for a 2019 turbo levo, standard suspension seems to struggle when get going, want to make life bit easier on my old bones !

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Well... i bought the standard fsr, but my buddy bought an expert and upgraded all his suspension so i bought "£600" his forks shock and brakes "expert spec" thinking it would be "expert" so better than me, but one outing around cwmcarn proved that not to be so. the forks are pike, the shock deluxe rt3, the brakes code R

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
A lot depends on your weight and riding style. I am a big unit (110kg) and my Comp is performing in a more than acceptable manner with the RS Revelation Charger forks and RS Deluxe RT shock.
I would have a good tech fit a token in the forks and help you set up sag correctly.

Always used to set sag by standing on the pedals in the attack mode and measuring - just like I would do on a MX bike, however when I picked my Levo up the dealer he used the method of dropping the seat post - stepping over gently to put ass on seat then lifting legs. Once that was sorted it was just adjusting the forks to balance.

Aug 5, 2019
torfaen
Thanks Rusty, Yes I'm going to set it up and ride some more before spending any more money on suspension, if i feel its good enough i may fit some them cush core's as iv heard good about them, i have ordered hope brakes as the thing does push on down them hills.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles