Hi from central Scotland

c11dek

Apr 18, 2019
Falkirk
Hi all, new to EMTB scene and just got myself a new 2019 kenevo expert. Love it to bits so now looking to gain tips techniques with the bike from you more experienced folks ?

A3B9484D-418B-4AA9-BAC5-F39FA07888C7.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi mate

Whereabouts are you based and where do you ride?
East Lothian here but tend to ride all over Local and the Tweed Valley being my most common riding areas.

What do you want to learn?

c11dek

Apr 18, 2019
Falkirk
Hiya mate, I'm near falkirk and mostly ride Tweed valley too, Carron valley and just locally around beecraigs for a small rip about.

Just got the bike so first thing I'm looking to do is up the speed restriction - not re-searched this too much so far but am I right in saying you do this though an app?

Also trying to get to grips with the Ohlins and already think I need a heavier spring - I'm experienced race track rider with superbikes and had plenty experience messing around with Ohlins sag/pre-load, compression, reboound etc etc......just need to play with this thing now as it's on a smaller scale - who's the best stockist for springs? I'm only 80kg is with gear etc and on standard spring but with only two turns of pre load on the spring I'm struggling to meet the 19mm sag (think this is correct on the 63mm of travel)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry I don't have a Levo but I believe Blevo app is what you want
TF tuned for Ohlins spares/servicing/advice (or your spesh dealer)

Sag preference on mtbs is pretty personal and depends on what/how you ride as well as the bikes leverage curve. There's no definitave % for all riders.
no harm in having a few springs in the correct ballpark to test out what suits you best though.
I guess with your motorbikes your sag % will be more about grip and support?
With mtbs grip and support levels are obviously important too but also depending on how/where you ride. Ride height, travel usage and bottom out resistance can all be fine tuned/controlled by spring rate (as well as comp etc.)

nice stealthy bike BTW
(I'd probably be tempted to find a black spring :ROFLMAO: )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles