Hi from Bristolian n00b

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
Hi all,
I have a hybrid Trek bike that I fitted a chinese engine+battery kit about 4 years ago. I must have done hundreds of miles already, very happy with it, I use it mainly for easy trails and commuting.
Now I'm after the next level: just ordered a Cube Stereo 140 2018 which should arrive tomorrow.
I want to do some hill climbing and descending, there are plenty of nice areas around Bristol (south wales mainly).
Exciting times!!

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
Quick update, the bike didn't arrive on time - and in fact wasn't even available at all - so I got off to a pretty bad start using Rutland Cycling.. awful experience.
On the other hand, I ordered a Cube Stereo 160 Race 2019 from Wheelbase and the whole customer experience was at a much better level, such a difference! I ordered last night, got a call this morning from them to let me know there is a problem with the seat post on the bike they had on stock (had to order the part from Germany), then called me again to say they sourced the part from other bike and will ship it on time as promised, and it's on transit with FedEx. How can two companies that supposed to offer the same thing be so different in their approach? :)
Well, this bike is supposed to be better in all aspects (except price), and I heard the 2019 Bosch engines are also much quieter...(I've seen Rob's video about the 2018 model and I could hear the Formula E -like noise :) ) can anybody confirm this?

Last thing, Wheelbase have sent me a nice "how-to" video of unboxing and preparing the bike, but I can feel there is more than just fitting all the parts together.. is there a good post or video where I can understand what are the things I must do to set the bike up and get it ready? For example, setting the sag.. etc - I don't know much about these things, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty... I did not have to do anything with my Trek hybrid except ride and service it.

Sugarsgiantdirte2

Jan 21, 2019
Newport
Quick update, the bike didn't arrive on time - and in fact wasn't even available at all - so I got off to a pretty bad start using Rutland Cycling.. awful experience.
On the other hand, I ordered a Cube Stereo 160 Race 2019 from Wheelbase and the whole customer experience was at a much better level, such a difference! I ordered last night, got a call this morning from them to let me know there is a problem with the seat post on the bike they had on stock (had to order the part from Germany), then called me again to say they sourced the part from other bike and will ship it on time as promised, and it's on transit with FedEx. How can two companies that supposed to offer the same thing be so different in their approach? :)
Well, this bike is supposed to be better in all aspects (except price), and I heard the 2019 Bosch engines are also much quieter...(I've seen Rob's video about the 2018 model and I could hear the Formula E -like noise :) ) can anybody confirm this?

Last thing, Wheelbase have sent me a nice "how-to" video of unboxing and preparing the bike, but I can feel there is more than just fitting all the parts together.. is there a good post or video where I can understand what are the things I must do to set the bike up and get it ready? For example, setting the sag.. etc - I don't know much about these things, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty... I did not have to do anything with my Trek hybrid except ride and service it.
I bought my giant dirte2 from Rutland 2 years ago I don't rate them all

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
IMG_20190123_091841.jpg

It's here!! :)

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
Was waiting for a very long time for a day like this.. finally arrived!
Took the Cube to Forest of Dean, blue and red tracks, started cautiously but progressed quite rapidly as the bike inspire full confidence. Loved it!!

IMG_20190127_134633.jpg

IMG_20190127_124955.jpg

IMG_20190127_141055.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles