HI all, newby in SW France.

JohnnyP

May 26, 2019
France
Picked my Turbo Levo Comp last week and haven't stopped grinning yet! Did my first proper ride last Monday and it was a Rando VTT (organised MTB ride). Total distance 55Km and 1600 mtrs vertical gain. I rode with my pal on his regular MTB so rode fairly slowly as it was a tough day for him. I started with the factory setting of 35% assistance and only used more power for some steep technical climbs. Half way round I started to worry about battery range so reduced to 25% and made it to 200 mtrs from the finish line when the battery died. I was pretty impressed with that given the vertical gain involved. I now have 20% set for level one which should be fine for most riding with pals on regular MTBs. I should add that I'm 68 and was finding it a bit tough to stay with my younger riding pals on a Sunday ride (usually up to 45 km and 1000mtrs) so EMTB it is now. How much use my Niner RIP9 RDO carbon or Scott Scale Premium get from now on is still to be determined but I don't think it will be much - anyone in the market for a couple of top end MTBs? Out with my regular pals for the first time tomorrow, hope they accept my new found climbing ability.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles